PDA

View Full Version : Hello from central kentucky

garyjoe
01-05-2011, 10:29 PM
Have been enjoying the forum for awhile. It is amazing how much info is available. I have been flying mostly red-tails since 1968 and have flown mostly solo because of work and family duties. This forum is not only great for newbies but also for the old timers who have not been able to attend club functions and intermingle with other falconers. I may have flown for over forty years but feel like a beginner when I read alot of these posts. Thank you for sharing.
garyR

everetkhorton
01-05-2011, 10:33 PM
(welc)Gary! That is one thing about falconry, you never stop learning, something new each day. Thanks for signing your post

FredFogg
01-05-2011, 11:14 PM
Welcome to NAFEX Gary! What do you fly your red-tail at mostly? Here in NC, squirrels are the main game with some limited success on rabbits when we can find them.

garyjoe
01-06-2011, 11:03 AM
Thanks Fred: I would imange alot like NC Lots of squirrel, some rabbits. I do live near PEABODY WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT AREA. It is reclaimed strip coal mines with lots of lakes and land that looks Kansas. I like going after the swamp rabbits there.
garyR

AirAssault
01-07-2011, 08:21 AM
Hello Gary, my name is Bill and I also live in Ky. know Peabody and have hunted there many yrs. ago nice to meet someone else from Ky., I to have been flying a RT all the yrs. I have been into falconry but not as long as you I've been doing it for 15 yrs. and agree with you that you never stop learning about new things or new ways to do things. Thougt I would drop you a line and just say hello, take care and drop me a line. (welc)

Kentucky J
01-07-2011, 10:38 AM
Welcome Gary always good to see another person from Ky!

garyjoe
01-07-2011, 12:11 PM
Thanks Bill: I see you live in Louisville. I grew up there in the East End area. Had lots of fun hawking Industrial parks, Cemetaries and Golf Courses. I loved Road Hawking Squirrels on the back roads. Funny thing we use to fly three or four Redtails at a time back then and didn't know we could"t do it lol

garyjoe
01-07-2011, 12:17 PM
Thanks Jason: Hope you are having good year.

FredFogg
01-07-2011, 04:47 PM
Funny thing we use to fly three or four Redtails at a time back then and didn't know we could"t do it lol

Gary, No way you are going to get away with that statement without telling us some stories about those adventures! LOL A buddy and I have talked about flying red-tails in a cast but we just haven't made the effort yet. Maybe hearing some stories will motivate us. rtsqrl

hawkguy1
01-13-2011, 09:42 PM
(welc)Gary.