PDA

View Full Version : Hey from North Carolina

aLeafOnTheWind
01-09-2011, 05:55 PM
Hi all, I am new to falconry but very interested. From what I understand it is a dedicated bunch of people here, and I think I've found the right place to learn some more.

YARAK191
01-09-2011, 07:20 PM
where in NC are u? U need to sign ur post with your name before they attack u!! U will see what i mean in a min or two!!
Im in Calabash nc. You need to go to nc falconers guild n become a member. The guild will help u on your journey from wannabe to a licensed falconer. if i can help let me know

everetkhorton
01-09-2011, 09:57 PM
(welc)Who ever you are! :D. There is a lot of good reading on this site.
Enjoy!

bgibson
01-09-2011, 10:04 PM
The NC Falconers Guild is having a field meet in Lillington next weekend. Go to ncfalconersguild.org and get the info. If you are interested in seeing some birds in action it will be a good meet to go to.

NovaShard
01-09-2011, 11:21 PM
Can you give me more info i am looking for my falconers in East TN/NC ...I live in Morristown east of Knoxville...i know of i few but i would like to find meet and greets and events in TN KY NC i just moved here Last year and I don't know anyone...only person i get to talk to about falconry is W. Cook at The TWRA ...any way more info would be nice i would like and i would love to talk to anyone...

Ron

bgibson
01-09-2011, 11:26 PM
Can you give me more info i am looking for my falconers in East TN/NC ...I live in Morristown east of Knoxville...i know of i few but i would like to find meet and greets and events in TN KY NC i just moved here Last year and I don't know anyone...only person i get to talk to about falconry is W. Cook at The TWRA ...any way more info would be nice i would like and i would love to talk to anyone...

Ron

Ron, go to the NCFG webpage and contact the officers of the club.

NovaShard
01-09-2011, 11:31 PM
i just did that and have downloaded the doc ...i have been away for awhile and just got exited ...i just got my own copy of North American Falconry and Hunting Hawks....for my Bday ....and my heart is thinking faster then brain...i am overjoyed about alot...sorry

Gnikol1012
01-09-2011, 11:58 PM
We are having a meet in Florence, South Carolina on February 19-20.

potterdo
01-10-2011, 11:35 PM
Welcome to NC Falconry - If you can get to the meet in Lillington this weekend - it is always a good one. Lots of friendly people and good hunting!

aLeafOnTheWind
01-19-2011, 03:25 PM
Sorry about the signature, I'm used to not letting people know my name online. You guys don't seem so malicious, though:D

I've been doing some research, and from what I've seen it takes some dedication to be a good falconer. Don't think I'm ready yet (just 15), so I think i'll observe for now.

Thanks for all the replies!