PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Pottstown, PA

Khaos
01-21-2011, 11:34 AM
Hello All,

I am EXTREMELY interested in getting into Falconry. My only problem as this point is finding someone in my area to show me the ropes and go hunting with. I have been interested in the sport for well over 10 years, but have not had the appropriate amount of free time as we were raising a young family. Not my schedule is freeing up and I would like to pursue this long time passion and give it the dedication it deserves. So anyone in the Pottstown, PA willing to help a new guy out please dont be shy.

Mark

everetkhorton
01-21-2011, 11:52 AM
(welc) to NEFEX Mark. I guess the first thing I would do is contact your State Falconry Club. I am not sure of there web site link. Good luck and have fun!

thunderheartiii
01-21-2011, 12:48 PM
Hello and (welc) to NAFEX. Good luck in your new lifestyle change known as Falconry :)

RTJim
01-21-2011, 02:45 PM
(welc) Join PFHT and attend the meetings and picnic's & meets.......jm

Khaos
01-21-2011, 03:22 PM
According to the application for PFHT, you have to have a reference from an PFHT member in order to join...they must sign your application.

hawkguy1
01-21-2011, 09:15 PM
(welc)mark.

hawkstir
01-22-2011, 09:20 AM
Welcome.

Contact the PGC in Harrisburg and request a falconry packet with a list of permitted falconers.
Send Cheri, the PFHT apprentice coordinator (address is on the website) an email expressing your interest and she will help direct you toward falconers in your area.

patrick.miller20
01-22-2011, 07:44 PM
According to the application for PFHT, you have to have a reference from an PFHT member in order to join...they must sign your application.

To get involved in it around here, PFHT has an apprentice coordinator that helps people get connected to potential sponsors. Her name is Cheri Heimbach and if you contact her, she should be able to get you in contact with someone in your area. The problem right now is that we already had our field meet and our picnic is not until the summer. That's all the advice I have, I hope things really work out for you!

Khaos
01-22-2011, 08:25 PM
Thank you all for the valuable information I have reached out to PFHT and Cheri has sent me a list of possible contacts. I look forward to learning what it really takes to live the lifestyle.