PDA

View Full Version : ASU Student looking to get into the sport

rudukai13
01-22-2011, 08:51 PM
Hi everyone! My name's Whitaker, I'm currently a student at Arizona State University. I joined up here and have been reading away every chance I get and figured I should post an introduction. At this time I'm just trying to read every piece of literature I can get my hands on and learn as much as I can about the sport. If anyone has any suggestions for what else I should be looking into/who I should be talking to, I would greatly appreciate your help. Thanks for taking the time to read, hope to be here for a while!

falcon44
01-23-2011, 09:08 AM
(welc)

falcon44
01-23-2011, 09:10 AM
get the book , North americian hunting hawks .authers beebe and webster.

everetkhorton
01-23-2011, 12:53 PM
(welc)to NAFEX Whitaker. I would contact the State falconry club. Also look at the NAFA web site. www.n-a-f-a.com (http://www.n-a-f-a.com)

rudukai13
01-23-2011, 07:11 PM
Thanks! I'll definitely pick up that book and look for the local club.

frootdog
01-24-2011, 02:47 AM
get the book , North americian hunting hawks .authers beebe and webster.

This is an out of print book and will cost you a pretty penny for the most recent edition (7th I believe). There is however a new edition slated to come out "any time now". If you check your state club site or do a search on here there will be lists of beginners/apprentice books that are more widely available. (welc)Welcome to the site and good luck.