PDA

View Full Version : 2010 peales peregrine Rikka

Ross
01-23-2011, 11:10 PM
These are cell phone pics of my peregrines first duck taken around 3 weeks ago. Getting the pics from the phone to photobucket became a project, way more difficult for me for many reasons than it should have been - if these photos post I have scored a major triumph over my extreme technological impairments. The flight was nice with the falcon mounting upwind to a good pitch over a largely frozen creek. Clean flush on about 20 ducks thanks to Belle my German shorthair. Rikka picked out a nice drake mallard and bound to him well up in the air.
http://i546.photobucket.com/albums/hh439/rossdirksdvm/0102111351a.jpg
http://i546.photobucket.com/albums/hh439/rossdirksdvm/0102111354a-1.jpg

everetkhorton
01-23-2011, 11:15 PM
Ross:
Nice pictures. I like pictures of bird while the dog just hold and waits. Thanks for posting!

JRedig
01-23-2011, 11:36 PM
Very nice Ross, congrats!

Dakota
01-24-2011, 08:12 AM
Nice shots! A picture is worth a thousand words... way to go !! And Belle being so good!

bgibson
01-24-2011, 09:56 AM
congratulations on the duck AND your technological success so that we may see more.

dliepe
01-24-2011, 02:42 PM
Ross,

How the heck are you??? That's a lovely falcon you've got there. Very dark and love her shape. Congrats on the duck. Looks like a nice slip. How has she flown? I've heard mixed reports of pure peales females. Very powerful but not naturally inclined to go up. what has your experience been with them? Hope all is well and congrats!
We going after chickens soon or what?

Mike Craig
01-24-2011, 07:19 PM
Ross,
Nice job with your new falcon. Looks like you are having fun despite the weather.
Mike

Ross
01-24-2011, 08:47 PM
Nice shots! A picture is worth a thousand words... way to go !! And Belle being so good!

Thanks Forrest,
Belle has ended up being pretty useful in helping flush the ducks. She is of course a great help on pheasants. No sign of her coming int heat yet, but should be soon. There's a pup with your name on it if everything works.
Ross

Ross
01-24-2011, 08:51 PM
congratulations on the duck AND your technological success so that we may see more.

The duck was the easier task. I am now trying to carry a small camera in my vest, I have several pics to look at there, but I know how to get them here when I do. The cell phone thing was way more work than it should have been.

Ross
01-24-2011, 09:01 PM
Ross,

How the heck are you??? That's a lovely falcon you've got there. Very dark and love her shape. Congrats on the duck. Looks like a nice slip. How has she flown? I've heard mixed reports of pure peales females. Very powerful but not naturally inclined to go up. what has your experience been with them? Hope all is well and congrats!
We going after chickens soon or what?

Doing well. She is a looker. One of Lance's birds destined to go back in the project, pure Alleution peales, very dark and large. She learned to go up with little encouragement. Didn't kite her at all. Threw homers for her and just a few bags, then got her on pheasants. She was very gamey from the start. Even had a nicer disposition than peales are famous for. I have trained 3 peales females so far and all have taken good pitches pretty early in the game.
Chickens, sounds good to me.
Ross

dliepe
01-24-2011, 10:27 PM
I hope its a lease with an option to buy. That's a rarity in the falconry world. I don't believe there are many flying pure aleutions.Most in projects. Is this bird an imprint? And will he be making hybrids out of her? I'd love a male hybrid out of an aleution. What a beautiful falcon that would make.
Will you be flying another large falcon of your own next season? I've got chicken fever pretty bad. I'd like to fly out with this female for a week in March to give them another go..
frus)