PDA

View Full Version : greetings

mystichawker
12-22-2006, 07:37 PM
Well I guess since I replied to a post I might as well introduce myself. I have spotted a few folks I know in person and a few I have seen on other list. I am Andy, currently live in Colorado Springs Colorado. Flying a 5 x intermewd passage redtail hen, who recently took her first squirel, but has in the past hunted cotton tails, jacks, pheasant, and various small furries. I have also flown a passage ferruginous hawk and although life did not allow me to pull another one this year I may pull an eyeas this spring. When the fields allow I hunt with one to two beagles, and recently discovered the joy of the mechanical ferret (don't leave home without one)

ANdy

`Chris L.
12-22-2006, 11:39 PM
Andy,
I would like to welcome you to the forum. We are just starting but it is getting off on the right foot.

I hope you find the forums use full. We are trying to creat a great place and it all starts with its members. PLease dont hesitate to post or share your stories!!!

Again welcome and enjoy the forums [smilie=icon_pidu.gif]

Chris

RTJim
12-22-2006, 11:44 PM
Well I guess since I replied to a post I might as well introduce myself. I have spotted a few folks I know in person and a few I have seen on other list. I am Andy, currently live in Colorado Springs Colorado. Flying a 5 x intermewd passage redtail hen, who recently took her first squirel, but has in the past hunted cotton tails, jacks, pheasant, and various small furries. I have also flown a passage ferruginous hawk and although life did not allow me to pull another one this year I may pull an eyeas this spring. When the fields allow I hunt with one to two beagles, and recently discovered the joy of the mechanical ferret (don't leave home without one)

ANdy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What is a mechanical ferret ???????............jm

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r253/Nafex/IMG_2806_1_1.jpg

`Chris L.
12-23-2006, 07:33 AM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What is a mechanical ferret ???????............jm

Jim I just learned this the other day.. I think its a tape measure [smilie=yikes.gif]

Chris

Shortwingn
12-23-2006, 10:56 AM
Welcome Andy. Its good to see you here!
Erik

goshawks00
12-23-2006, 07:14 PM
Hi Andy, Glad to see you here, uou may be a GOD send if you know what that mean---
I have a great but very old friend and falconer that just relocated to CS,Co.this past summer. His name is Vinne Cassone and he's truebeen a falconer since the 40's -- he was part of the Ass. Is. group and has flown many hawks falocns is his years, a wealth of knowledge and history. Vinnie is in his 80's like 87 I think but sharp as a tack. He has not been able to make many contacts in the falconry world out there, mostly because of his age and inability to real get around much any more.
So... the question is would you mind making contact with Vinnie, I'm sure he would be thrilled to meet a falconer or two from out that way. if so please let me know and I'll get you the particulars to reach him...
Thanks, and welcome aboard,
barry

Bobby Parrott
12-27-2006, 09:23 AM
welcome Andy. I don't think I'd want to live in Amarillo either, but it sure is a fun place to visit (for a falconer, anyway)

Bobby

mystichawker
12-27-2006, 03:21 PM
jm, the mechicainal ferret is a tape messure, not sure who coined the prase, but I first heard it from Laura Culley a while back.
Barry, I also have not made a whole lot of contact with the local falconers since moving here, mainly due to a very busy schedule. But I always love talking with folks and some of the guys who have been around a while have some great insite and tales to tell. Hal Webster often showed up at the THA meets when I was still in Texas and he always had great things to pass along and still managed to get out in the field with the rest of us. So let me know the best way to get in touch with Vinnie and I will give it my best shot.

Andy

goshawks00
12-28-2006, 08:16 PM
Andy, Here's a note from Vinnie

<<Barry, Our phone number is (719) 633-7112. Address 1360 Diana Lane, Colorado
Springs,Colo. 80909.

btw His e/m addy is: vincecssone@msn.com

Thanks Andy this means a lot to me and i know it will to vinie,
Yours in the sport,
Barry

mystichawker
12-29-2006, 05:28 PM
thanks Barry, I will try and give vinnie a call in the next couple of days. Don't yet know what the weekend holds since the weather is a bit uncertain at this point. Hope I can get out and chase a few bunnies in the snow, but the wind will have to die down a lot before that happens, so if I can't get out it will be in the next day or so, otherwise probably next week. I look forward to talking with vinnie

Andy

goshawks00
12-29-2006, 06:39 PM
Thanks Andy, I appreciate it, good hawkin man!!
Barry

Gerald
12-30-2006, 04:14 PM
Welcome Andy and good hawking
Gerald