PDA

View Full Version : Fort Wayne Indiana-Lost Peregrine

redhawksis
03-09-2011, 04:21 PM
Hi there. President of Virginia Falconers Association is traveling home from Minnesota. Stopped in Fort Wayne for the night last night..went out this morning to feed her birds and noticed her car had been broken into after her peregrine flew past her. This is a rehab bird transferred to her for conditioning before release....it has only flown on creance. It has a swivel clip still attached. Hopefully someone will spot and trap this bird before she gets tangled up.

SadieHawk
03-16-2011, 02:10 PM
I just got an e-mail from the DNR of Ohio and this bird has been trapped and in good hands. I gave him the owners phone numbers and Ron will be contacting Eva.

everetkhorton
03-19-2011, 10:04 AM
I just got an e-mail from the DNR of Ohio and this bird has been trapped and in good hands. I gave him the owners phone numbers and Ron will be contacting Eva.

Aimee:
Thanks for the post! Great everything turned out ok!

Thomas913
03-20-2011, 07:59 PM
I am assuming this is the same peregrine, however just got this message from our club about a found peregrine and wanted to post it here:

On Wednesday, March 16, an injured peregrine falcon wearing jesses was picked up at the LaFarge Cement plant in Paulding County, Ohio. The falcon, an adult, was taken to Nature's Nursery, presumably a rehabilitation center.
If you or someone you know belongs to this bird please contact Robert Radcliffe, Wildlife Officer Supervisor:

SadieHawk
03-21-2011, 09:42 AM
Yes, this is the same bird and has been returned to the owner.