PDA

View Full Version : Harris' Hawk in La Jolla

strixvaria
05-12-2011, 02:31 PM
Received a call this morning that a Harris' Hawk with jesses is hanging around a home in La Jolla.

PM for contact info.

-Beau

jfseaman
05-12-2011, 08:10 PM
Thanks Beau.

She's home.

FredFogg
05-12-2011, 09:17 PM
Thanks Beau.

She's home.

Was it yours Fred? We all are having molt withdrawl, so tell all. LOL :D

jfseaman
05-12-2011, 09:40 PM
Naw, one of the work birds got mobbed by crows. A cast actually. One bird was a couple blocks away the other about 10 blocks away when found.

When Beau got the call she was only 5 blocks away, not even a mile and had gone to the closest thing that looks like my truck, a carpet cleaning van. I guess she was chased into the trees from there.

She was found hiding in bushes and when the falconer got her, she gave that "I'm so glad to see you response".

Nothing that we all haven't experienced. Crows are a PIA and worse right now as their babies are coming out.

I'm satisfying my 'molt fever' with raising an imprint and getting the Aplomados ready for work. they go out first, followed by the new birds of the year. Tame hack the imprint, fly the aplos on young starlings to get them in shape.:D

FredFogg
05-12-2011, 09:47 PM
Naw, one of the work birds got mobbed by crows. A cast actually. One bird was a couple blocks away the other about 10 blocks away when found.

When Beau got the call she was only 5 blocks away, not even a mile and had gone to the closest thing that looks like my truck, a carpet cleaning van. I guess she was chased into the trees from there.

She was found hiding in bushes and when the falconer got her, she gave that "I'm so glad to see you response".

Nothing that we all haven't experienced. Crows are a PIA and worse right now as their babies are coming out.

I'm satisfying my 'molt fever' with raising an imprint and getting the Aplomados ready for work. they go out first, followed by the new birds of the year. Tame hack the imprint, fly the aplos on young starlings to get them in shape.:D

My molt fever is in full force! Wierd year for me as my breeding was a flop, although I saw the HH's copulating today so hopefully they will recycle and I don't actually have a falconry bird molting this year so I am just sort of in this blank space. I am starting to get in the mood to do an imprint but can't decide if I want to drive to KY to pull a sharpie or if I should try and find someone that might have a pere/saker in an egg somewhere. Decisions, decisions, decisions! LOL

jfseaman
05-12-2011, 10:17 PM
My molt fever is in full force! Wierd year for me as my breeding was a flop, although I saw the HH's copulating today so hopefully they will recycle and I don't actually have a falconry bird molting this year so I am just sort of in this blank space. I am starting to get in the mood to do an imprint but can't decide if I want to drive to KY to pull a sharpie or if I should try and find someone that might have a pere/saker in an egg somewhere. Decisions, decisions, decisions! LOL
I wish I knew someone making pere/saker. It's 'on the list' but not popular in the USA.

Bill Meeker, Dave Knudsen (sp) or Dave Kanellis are all I know that 'could/would' but I don't think so. Maybe Cullins in NY.

PHILADELPHIA CITY HAWKER
05-13-2011, 01:43 PM
Received a call this morning that a Harris' Hawk with jesses is hanging around a home in La Jolla.

PM for contact info.

-Beau

I'd be hanging around La Jolla if I were a Harris' one of my favorite places on the planet earth.

Jeff