PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Baja MX

Taiga
05-15-2011, 05:17 PM
Hello every one my name is Jeff Roman and I'm a falconer from Baja California Mexico good to be on the forum.

Brad
05-15-2011, 05:23 PM
Welcome, where in Baja do you live?
Brad

Taiga
05-15-2011, 05:27 PM
Welcome, where in Baja do you live?
Brad

Thank you Brad

I'm in the North West just 15 miles from the International border

Brad
05-15-2011, 06:12 PM
Back in the 70's and 80's I used to go down there to surf (K38,Calafia,K55,K58, San Miguel, etc.) My wife's sister and brother in-law lived in La Mission. We would sometimes take the free road that swings inland and then goes to Ensenada. I was amazed at the beautiful country and great hawking fields I saw! Like inland San Diego many years ago without the development.
Thanks, Brad

Taiga
05-15-2011, 07:25 PM
Back in the 70's and 80's I used to go down there to surf (K38,Calafia,K55,K58, San Miguel, etc.) My wife's sister and brother in-law lived in La Mission. We would sometimes take the free road that swings inland and then goes to Ensenada. I was amazed at the beautiful country and great hawking fields I saw! Like inland San Diego many years ago without the development.
Thanks, Brad

I know K38 very well there's a surf shop there today owned by a friend. About the fields around La Mission , you are talking about my trapping and falconry grounds ;) You are more than welcome to come down when ever you like. I trapped a very nice passage Anatum from the local eyrie right around LA FONDA in La Mission last year. I flew her up there on ducks for a while. Did you ever explore the Southern bluff coming into LM ? I'm hoping to be flying a Barbary falcon this year around them parts , Ojos Negros and Mexicali as well. If the Barbary doesn't come threw I'll trap a merlin and will be hawking that area a lot.

Tanner
05-15-2011, 07:38 PM
Hey Jeff - hope you are recovering well and will be ready to chase that barbary around when it's time??

hcmcelroy
05-15-2011, 07:57 PM
Welcome, what a beautiful place to live. We have traveled the Baja several times and loved it. Have you seen gos nests in the mountains?

Harry.

Taiga
05-15-2011, 08:01 PM
Hey Jeff - hope you are recovering well and will be ready to chase that barbary around when it's time??

Hey Tanner

I'm coming along well and getting stronger every day. I'm hoping to be out there with my own Barbary this year so your not the only one having all the BARBARY fun.

Thanks Bro

Brad
05-15-2011, 08:53 PM
Hi, My sister in laws house was on the bluff over the riverbed on the inland side of the toll road. The access road was off the free road in La Mission. And yes someday I would like to come down.

Brad

Taiga
05-15-2011, 08:59 PM
Hi, My sister in laws house was on the bluff over the riverbed on the inland side of the toll road. The access road was off the free road in La Mission. And yes someday I would like to come down.

Brad

Sounds Cool will keep in touch and if you like and have the time this up coming season come down and I'll take you around and you can see some of are hawks. I have other falconer friends from California that have come down before and had a great time here.

MrBill
05-15-2011, 11:19 PM
Hi Jeff,

If one lives in Baja, what does it take to hawk there in terms of permits, etc.; just curious. Thanks.

Bill Boni

MrBill
05-16-2011, 05:09 PM
Thanks for the PM, Jeff. I'll respond when I have more time.

Bill Boni