PDA

View Full Version : Comments Requested on By-laws Update

Flatwater Falconer
05-20-2011, 11:13 AM
Voting members now have an opportunity to add their comments/suggestions/ideas to the by-laws draft.

Association President Larry Dickerson reported that only THREE comments have come in.

After all the hoopla about the leadership not being responsive it seems we now have the opposite problem - the voting membership is NOT responsive to its leadership. confusedd

If you're one of the 1,497 or so voting members who haven't provided input to this important issue NOW is the time. There are only days left to add your input.

Can you tell I'm trying to get your attention?

Voting and commenting in our Association DOES make a difference.

www.n-a-f-a.com (http://www.n-a-f-a.com)

goshawks00
05-20-2011, 06:57 PM
[QUOTE=Flatwater Falconer;189971.

After all the hoopla about the leadership not being responsive it seems we now have the opposite problem - the voting membership is NOT responsive to its leadership. confusedd

I guess turn about IS fair play, no maybe it' just a co-incidence.

MrBill
05-21-2011, 09:59 AM
I sent my comments to my director, but it is the voting that counts. And I will not vote for increasing the director's term from two to four years. I think two year term is adequate; in fact, there have been a number of times over the years when people have taken on the job of director and did not run for a second term--two years was plenty for them.

Bill Boni

Lowachi
05-21-2011, 11:01 AM
I sent mine to my director as well. The flip side of the 4 yr term is... just how long does it take to bring their ideas to completion? Seems it takes most of a year to get comfortable, doesn't seem a year is long enough to bring on any noticable change. I don't know if it's such a bad idea.

goshawks00
05-21-2011, 01:17 PM
I don't believe NAFA should model it's self after the US government. They take forever to get anything done..., it's against the career politician's best interest to do otherwise....

MrBill
05-23-2011, 09:05 AM
Rich,

I hear you, but, again, there have been a healthy number of occasions in the past when directors have bailed out, as in wanting to go, after their initial two years. I am sure there has been any number of reasons for this, but why should we compell somone to stay on, if they don't want to. And, if they resign, then their successor is "appointed," which is not a good thing (IMHO). Plus, four years is a long time (unless you are my age :-)). Just think about all that has transpired in your life over the past four years. If a director wants to continue the charge, then they can run for re-election; it's not as if they have to campaign a whole lot, or spend millions of dollars in the process. Finally, re-election is, of course, a way for the membership to hold their elected directors accountable.

Bill Boni

Bill Boni

Pedioecetes
05-23-2011, 12:39 PM
Hi Donna,
I've been on the NAFA website, members section 3 times and can't find the comments/suggestions to the by-law draft. Where is it?

Saluqi
05-23-2011, 01:07 PM
Hi Donna,
I've been on the NAFA website, members section 3 times and can't find the comments/suggestions to the by-law draft. Where is it?

Look under "Breaking News for Members" for all new action items and other news. Here's the link Bob:

http://www.n-a-f-a.com/members/BylawsReview.htm

Lowachi
05-23-2011, 07:08 PM
Rich,

I hear you, but, again, there have been a healthy number of occasions in the past when directors have bailed out, as in wanting to go, after their initial two years. I am sure there has been any number of reasons for this, but why should we compell somone to stay on, if they don't want to. And, if they resign, then their successor is "appointed," which is not a good thing (IMHO). Plus, four years is a long time (unless you are my age :-)). Just think about all that has transpired in your life over the past four years. If a director wants to continue the charge, then they can run for re-election; it's not as if they have to campaign a whole lot, or spend millions of dollars in the process. Finally, re-election is, of course, a way for the membership to hold their elected directors accountable.

Bill Boni

Bill Boni

Points well taken Bill, and Barry. I will re-evaluate. May turn out to be a limiting factor in getting anyone to run for the office.....

Pedioecetes
05-24-2011, 01:02 AM
Thanks Paul, somehow just couldn't get it. Clicked on your link and there it was. Will read it over and comment.

JRedig
05-24-2011, 10:01 PM
Commented.