PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about disallowing free email accounts

`Chris L.
11-21-2007, 11:43 AM
Well I know you all are gettign tired of ol' Issac coming around and sharing his lovley educated banter with us. So, to help combat him and others like him, I now have a program on here that will not allow you to register unless you have a real email address not a free service email. I was thinking of not allowing any yahoo, hotmail or any free mail service to be allowed to register. What is your thoughts on this.. Just looking for some input.

It will really help keep the crap off this board. To help ease everyone mind, I dont give out any emails nor do I sell them to any comapny. You will never get spam from registering to this site....

let me know what you all think

I will go with the votes of the members.. so speak up and let me know

wesleyc6
11-21-2007, 11:50 AM
I voted no Chris. Simply because when I was in Metter, I couldn't retrieve email messages from a remote local. I have used Yahoo for years now and everything I have is via those because it "moves" with me. Of course, I don't have free yahoo because I needed more space for site traffic during breeding season.

`Chris L.
11-21-2007, 11:54 AM
I voted no Chris. Simply because when I was in Metter, I couldn't retrieve email messages from a remote local. I have used Yahoo for years now and everything I have is via those because it "moves" with me. Of course, I don't have free yahoo because I needed more space for site traffic during breeding season.

Wes,
Good point. That is why I am getting some feed back from you all. I will let the members decide on this issue. Speak up guys.. there is no right answer to this..

Do you have DLS or cable now? you can creat an account with them and just use that for ANFEX.. just and idea for those who are in the same boat

again, just ideas to help keep the site the way we like it.

Horath
11-21-2007, 12:02 PM
Chris, my vote is no.

I know I am new here and my vote won't swing much weight but I have a gmail account simply because I never have to delete a message and I can search my email just like the web and find tons of old info. I don;t even remember how to log into my providers email server...

`Chris L.
11-21-2007, 12:05 PM
Chris, my vote is no.

I know I am new here and my vote won't swing much weight but I have a gmail account simply because I never have to delete a message and I can search my email just like the web and find tons of old info. I don;t even remember how to log into my providers email server...

YOur vote counts for sure man.. you are a member here new or old has no weight on this forum. please be sure to cast your vote on the poll right above the my message.. you will see the box you can check yes or no.

you all are bringing up great points. thank you for the input

outhawkn
11-21-2007, 12:18 PM
I vote No also.
Reasons as stated above

have a nice day you all.

Jimmy
11-21-2007, 12:31 PM
I vote no. I've had my yahoo address for years, and ain't changing.

MikeT307
11-21-2007, 12:57 PM
I vote no. I've had my yahoo address for years, and ain't changing.

I have hotmail and I prefer that for personal mailing. I have an account here at work too but it has a spam filter and everything gets caught in there, so I don't ever use it for registration.

Ken S.
11-21-2007, 01:04 PM
I would vote no because I like Google's "gmail"... which is also free. I know a lot of others use hotmail and yahoo... but I'm pretty new to this board and will go along with whatever.

-Ken

sevristh
11-21-2007, 02:42 PM
I vote yes, but I see the points of those above as well, and we would alienate a lot of people by doing that.

An alternative is to do like Horath suggested... Post the idiot's last few IP address' and let those of us that know how, teach him some respect through the little wires that make this world hum :)

chamokane
11-21-2007, 03:07 PM
I voted no because free accounts and dial up are all I have. I'd have to drop the forum.

dfarris
11-21-2007, 03:39 PM
I vote no as well. Free email is all I have and I figure that alot of members have only free email.

if you disallow free email accounts there will be few remaining members and this forum will be limited. I really like this account and can gain alot of insight.

There has to be a better way to screen people.

paganlove22
11-21-2007, 06:25 PM
Id have to vote no. I use yahoo because I am too dumb to figure out how to set up an account on my roadrunner. [smilie=iamwithstupid.gif]

Eagle Owl
11-21-2007, 06:51 PM
I have to agree with all the above...I vote NO as well.

Bodarc
11-21-2007, 08:21 PM
No too. I would hate to see some of this good information not be available because some on here only have one type of email.

It doesn't take very long for you to realize someone is talking crazy. When they do, can't you just ban them? It has never bothered me and doesn't seem to be that much of it.

threetoe
11-21-2007, 10:56 PM
No here.

Some people can only afford free accounts.
Jerks don't stick around when they are ignored.
Delete posts as needed.

Those are my .02

KidK
11-21-2007, 11:14 PM
Chris,

I don't like the idea of anyone being excluded because of their prefered e-mail service.

That being said, I don't like @$$^&*%* like Issac doing their stuff here.

Perhaps there is a way to require approval like some of the other boards do?

Lets look at all the options out there...

`Chris L.
11-22-2007, 01:19 AM
Well guys I know I have only had this poll up for less than a day and you all have brought up very valid points.. well besides Jimmy [smilie=eusa_boohoo.gif] [smilie=icon_toilet.gif] . I will not impose that on here. I guess I will keep with the Ip banning. If everyone can help out and be patient when nut jobs like him get on here we can get it worked out.

Thanks again for the great feed back. [smilie=icon_thumright.gif]

wesleyc6
11-22-2007, 12:36 PM
BTW, sometimes Chris or I may not read or see a post. If you see something you think is fishy or just not up to snuff, PM us with a link to it.

`Chris L.
11-22-2007, 12:39 PM
BTW, sometimes Chris or I may not read or see a post. If you see something you think is fishy or just not up to snuff, PM us with a link to it.

Yes, please do, as NAFEX is growing it is hard to keep up with all of the chatter on here.. you can also PM Kory as well .. We will look at it and go from there