PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Ohio

Konkata
06-03-2011, 02:39 PM
Hey there,

I have to admit that I don't even qualify for "new" when it comes to falconry. Its always been a dream of mine to learn more about it, however, and to hopefully work hard enough for the priviledge to eventually fly a raptor. I know this probably won't be for a few years, but I feel its about time to dive on in and learn as much as I can.

I'll be joining the Ohio Falconry Association soon and hope to learn a lot from the organization. I have always had a very strong interest in the red tails, even though owls and kestrels are also near the top of my list as well.

When I was younger, I discovered a broad wing on the side of the road that had been struck by a car. His legs were swollen and paralized, and I cared for him for about 2 days (hand feeding him mice and helping him tear it) until I found a wildlife rehab center. Unfortunately I do believe they put him down because of his injury, but the experience was one of a kind.

I probably won't post much since I'll be reading off of every one else's posts to learn what they know, but I figured I'd pop in and introduce myself anyways :)

Hello from Ohio!

JRedig
06-03-2011, 03:29 PM
Hello and welcome to NAFEX.

Please have a look around and familiarize yourself with how the forums work. One section that people find the most useful is the site information (http://www.nafex.net/forumdisplay.php?f=26). This is where you can learn to post photos (first thing almost everybody wants to know).

Please take the time to go to the introduction forum (http://www.nafex.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20) and tell us all a little about yourself. Also please take the time to go to user cp (located on the left side of your screen, near the top) and add your signature automatically to your post, real first name at a minimum please. This is a forum requirement helps keep things friendly around the threads, as people will know who they are talking to.

If you are a pre-apprentice, apprentice, looking for information of falconry, etc...you will find this section extremely helpful. Please take the time to look here (http://www.nafex.net/showthread.php?t=2007).

Again, welcome to NAFEX! Let one of the moderators know if you need anything.

NAFEX Moderating team

Konkata
06-03-2011, 04:41 PM
Thank you for all your advice, though I thought I was on the introduction forum?

I will check out the link that will direct me towards the info I need to know in order to start my journey. I think I've already done the first 1 or 2 steps, but its really nice to have a step by step guide as to how to further my interest in the passion.

Thanks!

hawkguy1
06-03-2011, 11:40 PM
(welc)!

Jmkimes
06-04-2011, 03:19 AM
Welcome! Ohioan here too. I'm down in the Southeast corner of the state

hawk_1_lawman_2
06-04-2011, 12:40 PM
(welc)

Joby
06-04-2011, 04:49 PM
Hey Konnie,
Welcome to Nafex. I'm guessing that you're the Konnie that joined us for the Apprentice Workshop today. If so, it was good to get to know you. As I said, feel free to contact me with any questions you might have. Since you're so close to me, it'll be easy for you to join us for any hunts or trapping when you can.
Take Care,
Joe

Marcus
06-08-2011, 05:03 AM
Hi & welcome to the forum
You'll find loads to interest you here
All the very best
Mark

Konkata
06-08-2011, 12:24 PM
Thanks for all the warm welcomes everyone :) Joe, I will contact you in a bit to see how I can help out with some of your hunts. I had a lot of fun at the workshop and obsorbed a lot of information!