PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Wichita, Ks

Nate2112
11-23-2007, 07:59 AM
I'm Nate. I'm new to the sight and somewhat new to falconry. I discovered that a co-worker of mine is a master falconer and he is now my sponser. I've been intrested in falconry for many years now, been reading anything I can get my hands on for about the past year, and am currently in the process of obtaining my lisence. I plan on flying a female kestrel. I'm located a little NE of Wichita, Ks out in the country. If any of you are around this area or South Central Kansas in general, I'd love to chat with you. As for job, I am a Detention Deputy with the Sedgwick County Sheriff's Dept. This is an amazing forum and I am honored that you have allowed me be a part of it. Thank You.

Bodarc
11-23-2007, 09:26 AM
Hello and welcome Nate!

It sounds as if you lucked out like I did. When I called the MS Game and Fish Commission a few years back, the guy said " You don't know how lucky you are, a master falconer just moved into your town a month ago." It's great when your sponsor lives so close to you.

I'm sure you'll love your k-bird when you get it. Those little rascals have so much personality. I don't know if you've found it yet but I am sure Kim's thread on her kestrel will be interesting reading for you. You can find it here:

http://nafex.net/viewtopic.php?t=938

chamokane
11-23-2007, 03:02 PM
Welcome, Nate.

Jimmy
11-23-2007, 07:54 PM
Howdy Nate [smilie=icon_thumright.gif]

KidK
11-23-2007, 09:12 PM
Nate,

Great to have you hear.

Welcome!

`Chris L.
11-24-2007, 02:39 PM
Nate,
Welcome to NAFEX. I hope you enjoy the forums. Keep us posted on your progress. Have you taken the Exam yet?

again, Welcome and dont hesitate to post

kimmerar
11-26-2007, 02:22 PM
Welcome Nate. Someone else trying a kbird - I love it. Keep us posted. I'm new at this too and I want to hear your experiences also - along with what your sponser's advice is. So many different ideas out there on how to get the finished product.