PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum

Gerald
12-27-2006, 06:28 PM
Hello all,

I live in the west of France, I fly a female Harris hawk and our companions of hunting are a Breton spaniel and 2 ferrets.

Happy new years

Gérald

Jimmy
12-27-2006, 07:59 PM
Hello Gerald.
Do you mainly fly at rabbits? What other quarry do you persue?

Jimmy

`Chris L.
12-27-2006, 08:03 PM
Gerald,
I would like to welcome you to the forum. I really enjoy seeing falconers from other than the US here. It is nice to hear what you all do and how you mangage your birds

How is this year going for you and your team? I really would love to see some ferrets in action.

Do you have any pictures of your team?

I hope you post often here. PLease dont hesitate to post pictures and what ever else you feel.

again welcome [smilie=icon_pidu.gif] and have a great new year

Gerald
12-27-2006, 08:17 PM
Hello Jimmy,

It drives out rabbits, hares, pheasants, blackbirds.
It even took a young roe-deer of the year lying close of the spines the day of opening of hunting. It had chance because the roe-deer gave him terrible blow of shoe, it just lost some feathers and me I had the arms in blood after having crossed the spines.
It makes continuations on roe-deer but fortunately not of catch.

Gérald

Jimmy
12-27-2006, 08:26 PM
Sounds like a gamey bird!

Gerald
12-27-2006, 08:30 PM
Hello Chris,

The beginning of season was not too badly, much of rabbits, it was correct for hare and pheasants. [smilie=angry5.gif] Unfortunately the rabbits took the disease and our best hunting ground (a racecourse - horse) is almost empty. I look at that for the photographs, but I do not believe to have tags, dog and bird on the same one. [smilie=icon_thumright.gif]

Gérald

Jimmy
12-27-2006, 08:33 PM
Unfortunately the rabbits took the disease

Gérald

Mixy?

Gerald
12-27-2006, 08:35 PM
Yes, it drives out all that moves, but it nevertheless has difficulties with large hares. [smilie=dontknow.gif]

Gerald
12-27-2006, 08:43 PM
Yes, Mixy.
[smilie=sleepy2.gif] I go to the bed because in 6 hours a new day of hunting starts [smilie=banana.gif] . Good day and has soon
Gerald

Bobby Parrott
12-28-2006, 09:06 AM
Welcome Gerald