PDA

View Full Version : Question for Mods/Admin "Problems logging in with OS X Lion"

AK Rev
07-13-2011, 01:51 PM
The recent move to requiring a sign off or signature on posts has messed up something on my end. I've always had a signature...no problem there but I have checked that box probably 10 times in the last 2 weeks. It's random...nothing for awhile and then 2 or 3 times in a row. Also, I'm randomly being signed out of my account. No pattern that I can tell but I have signed in 3 times today already. (yes, I checked the little box).

I've not been hacked...I don't have a virus. It's something with the forum system.

Dirthawking
07-13-2011, 04:16 PM
Thank you for letting us know. Anybody else having similar issues?

FredFogg
07-13-2011, 04:33 PM
The recent move to requiring a sign off or signature on posts has messed up something on my end.

Recent? Hmmm, seems like that was a rule from the beginning.confusedd

AK Rev
07-13-2011, 06:10 PM
Have you not seen the "rules" screen pop up when trying to view a post from your email notification? That's recent...not the rule itself.

Lowachi
07-13-2011, 07:00 PM
just a couple of occasions, then went away

Dirthawking
07-13-2011, 08:41 PM
Bryan, are you getting those same messages from your computer?

AK Rev
07-13-2011, 08:51 PM
Not since I posted about it but it happened 3 times this morning. It might not happen again but it's been very random. Before the change (what are we calling that anyway?), it never happened.

I did upgrade to OS X Lion a few days ago but it didn't get rid of other keychain passwords, etc. that I use. Just this one and not all of the time. The upgrade also occurred after I had already seen some of what I mentioned.

FredFogg
07-14-2011, 09:52 AM
Have you not seen the "rules" screen pop up when trying to view a post from your email notification? That's recent...not the rule itself.

Nope, never seen a "rules" screen pop up. Maybe it only pops up for those that break the "rules"! LOL toungeout :D

AK Rev
07-14-2011, 10:17 AM
I admit that was a pretty big softball pitch. I deserve that!

frootdog
07-14-2011, 01:53 PM
I guess you have just been deemed a trouble maker Bryan and they want to make sure you fully understand the rules. My bet is Mario did it over the salt shaker comment.

Chris L.
07-14-2011, 02:17 PM
Are you typing nafex.net or www.nafex.net (http://www.nafex.net) in your web browser?

AK Rev
07-14-2011, 03:05 PM
Exactly Krys!

Chris, it's not what I'm typing and I usually just click on my favorites to come here. It's primarily occurring when I hit the email link to go to replies. In fact...it just did it when I came to reply here to Kry's comment. I also had to sign in to my account again in addition to approving the rules.

For those who don't know what I mean, here it is...

http://www.nafex.net/misc.php?do=cfrules&doredir=1&cfrset=1

Chris L.
07-15-2011, 08:00 AM
Exactly Krys!

Chris, it's not what I'm typing and I usually just click on my favorites to come here. It's primarily occurring when I hit the email link to go to replies. In fact...it just did it when I came to reply here to Kry's comment. I also had to sign in to my account again in addition to approving the rules.

For those who don't know what I mean, here it is...

http://www.nafex.net/misc.php?do=cfrules&doredir=1&cfrset=1

I am sorry Bryan I have no idea, it seems you are the only one having a problem with this?? NAFEX gets over 40,000 page hits a month I am sure if others were having the problem they would speak up, or I hope they do. Everyone who has posted on NAFEX has agreed to the New rule page, so I am not sure what to do. Keep me posted if you find a fix.

My only suggestion is clearing out your cache and cookies. I hope this helps

Saluqi
07-15-2011, 09:15 AM
It happened to me a few weeks ago when I logged in from a friends computer, hasn't happened since. I think Bryan is just a bad seed, sorry Bryan.

FredFogg
07-15-2011, 12:17 PM
My only suggestion is clearing out your cache and cookies. I hope this helps

Actually, deleting the cookies might be the problem. Bryan, what browser are you using? If IE, go to Tools, then Internet Options and check to see if you have it set to delete cookies each time you close your browser. I am not sure where you go to check that in Safari and Firefox but I will see if I can figure it out.

OK, in Safari, go to Preferences, then to General and check to see how long it is until you remove history items. I have mine set to 1 month. Then also in Preferences, go to Security and have Accept Cookies set at Only from sites I visit.

See if that helps!

Dirthawking
07-15-2011, 02:14 PM
You could also try not following links in emails.

AK Rev
07-15-2011, 06:50 PM
It's been awhile since I've heard the term bad seed. Geez Paul...get a new lexicon. I'll let you borrow one next time we have lunch.

I was thinking about the cache, security, cookies, etc. My settings look right but at this point I'm thinking it's my OS. I got an early release of OS X Lion and it changed some of my email server settings. I'll keep tweaking it and see what happens. So far this hasn't happened when I check NAFEX from my iPhone 3. Very few have Lion yet so I'm guessing more will have these problems after it's official release.

AK Rev
07-15-2011, 06:51 PM
Forgot to answer Fred...I have Safari 5.1 and the history settings were correct. Still checking various things. Something's not right.

AK Rev
07-16-2011, 10:59 AM
Update...I reset Safari yesterday, which cleared all history, cache, cookies, etc. I logged back in and the OS asked me if I wanted to remember the password. Since then, it hasn't been a problem. Hopefully that took care of it. Never was a problem when checking the forum with my iPhone.

When guys upgrade to OS X Lion, they may have to do the same. They may have to do it more than once as there is some function of the new OS that is self-correcting. It changed my email server settings twice!

Maybe it would help others if the title of this thread was changed to "Problems logging in with OS X Lion".

Dirthawking
07-16-2011, 11:01 AM
Maybe it would help others if the title of this thread was changed to "Problems logging in with OS X Lion".

Done.

And let us know if it happens again.

Chris L.
07-16-2011, 12:24 PM
It goes for anyone on any OS or Browser having problems logging in, always clear your old cache and cookies. It is most likely on the user side not the server side.

I'm glad it worked for you. Keep us posted

FredFogg
07-16-2011, 03:14 PM
And now, how have you gotten OS X Lion? I probably shouldn't upgrade until I get a better feel of Snow Leopard. New to Mac, but loving it so far.

AK Rev
07-18-2011, 11:53 AM
It just did it again. Had me logged out and going through the rules section again. Hmm...it was fine for several days. I'll check my settings to see if the OS is auto-correcting.

FredFogg
07-18-2011, 04:50 PM
It just did it again. Had me logged out and going through the rules section again. Hmm...it was fine for several days. I'll check my settings to see if the OS is auto-correcting.

Bryan, I suggest you try it on someone else's computer because I really think it is just you, not the computer. LOL toungeout :D

Now before anyone gets all heated up, I am just poking fun at Bryan, please don't take it seriously! :D

AK Rev
07-18-2011, 04:53 PM
Fred knows I can take it. Mario asked me to post if it happened again. Do you really think I wanted to say it happened again? You know...I think this is just some way of me getting into trouble for stealing Mario's salt shaker lid. Is that thing going to haunt me forever???

FredFogg
07-18-2011, 07:40 PM
Fred knows I can take it. Mario asked me to post if it happened again. Do you really think I wanted to say it happened again? You know...I think this is just some way of me getting into trouble for stealing Mario's salt shaker lid. Is that thing going to haunt me forever???

Bingo! That is it Bryan, Mario is getting back at you for the salt shaker and is resetting your account periodically.

Pretty Brilliant Mario! LOL clappclappclapp

FredFogg
07-21-2011, 03:53 PM
Bryan, I installed Lion today and so far no issue with the message that is coming up for you. Maybe that Beta version has bugs?

AK Rev
07-21-2011, 04:02 PM
Thanks Fred. That was something I was waiting to hear about. I'll grab the current version. This beta version is still auto-correcting in odd ways. I'm still being reset randomly.

AK Rev
07-21-2011, 09:07 PM
Hmm...it won't let me download another copy...saying I already have it. What I have is a developer's version (to answer Fred's question).

One thing to be aware of...I received no advance warning...is that any Microsoft programs you have will not run on the Lion OS. They simply disappear. You will have to run OS Leopard on a partition to use any of those programs. So...a $30 new OS might cost you BIG!

FredFogg
07-22-2011, 09:42 AM
Hmm...it won't let me download another copy...saying I already have it. What I have is a developer's version (to answer Fred's question).

One thing to be aware of...I received no advance warning...is that any Microsoft programs you have will not run on the Lion OS. They simply disappear. You will have to run OS Leopard on a partition to use any of those programs. So...a $30 new OS might cost you BIG!

Sending this message on my MacBook Pro using IE 9 so there are ways around it! LOL I have Windows 7 loaded using Parallels so I can run a couple Microsoft programs I need. To be honest, so far from what I have seen, Lion isn't that much different than Snow Leopard. It is definetely geared for laptop users and those that use Track Pads.

Oh, I did have to activate my version of Windows 7 again after I installed Lion.

jannypan
07-29-2011, 02:14 AM
Thank you for letting us know. Anybody else having similar issues?Tera Money (http://www.tera2buy.com/)
Tera Gold Cheap (http://www.myterastock.com/)
Tera Gold (http://www.tera2u.com/)