PDA

View Full Version : Hawk or Falcon spotted in 661 area code

FredFogg
07-17-2011, 08:02 PM
I just got an email from someone that says their father in law keeps seeing a falcon (could be a hawk) with a leash on it in their back yard. I called the number to get more information but only got voice mail. Has anyone lost a bird in the 661 area code. I looked up that area code and it is in CA and here are some of the cities for that area code.

Arvin, Bakersfield, Delano, Earlimart, Lamont, Lancaster, McFarland, Oildale, Palmdale, Rosamond, Santa Clarita, Shafter, Taft, Tehachapi, Wasco

If you have lost a bird or know someone in that area that has, email me at fredfogg@live.com and I can forward you the email he sent to me with his phone number.

raptrlvr
07-17-2011, 09:47 PM
We {wife and I} have seen 2 redtails flying with what we thought was a leash on it. Once we got the bino's out, it turned out to be a small snake in both cases. I live in NM, but, could this be what the father in law is seeing?

FredFogg
07-17-2011, 09:56 PM
We {wife and I} have seen 2 redtails flying with what we thought was a leash on it. Once we got the bino's out, it turned out to be a small snake in both cases. I live in NM, but, could this be what the father in law is seeing?

I don't know Jim, could be. But seeing it in their back yard versus seeing it flying somewhere makes me think they may be seeing a falconry bird. I called the number they left and left a message but have yet to hear back from them. And no one has contacted me about getting their information so it might just be a wild bird carrying a snake. I have done all I can. frus)

FredFogg
07-18-2011, 04:45 PM
Ok, I had a phone message when I woke up this morning from the guy in CA, he says his father in law lives in Castaic which is just north of Santa Clarita. He said his fathers property backs up to an open hunting preserve and they see falcons all the time. I have contacted a few NAFA members in that area via email and one knows some falconers in that area and is going to let them know and the others wife said her husband would go check it out tomorrow and is going to contact the person that contacted me. So hopefully, we can get this bird back to its owner.

redtailsrule
07-18-2011, 04:50 PM
This could be a falcon we lost a couple weeks ago do you have a contact number, im in castaic today

FredFogg
07-18-2011, 05:26 PM
This could be a falcon we lost a couple weeks ago do you have a contact number, im in castaic today

Information has been given, I hope you all find it. Sounds like it has been doing well on its own. Let us know the outcome and post a few rescue pictures if you can. LOL

Good luck!

jfseaman
07-19-2011, 01:47 AM
Oh goodness, I hope it is him.

redtailsrule
07-19-2011, 11:18 AM
We went and talked to the guy and showed him a similar looking falcon and he said it looked the same except darker which is what she looks like. Apparently he only saw her the one time on 7/17 but she hung out for a while. We looked around and tossed some pigeons but no luck. He has three contact numbers for us now so if she comes back someone should be able to be there in 5minutes. Thanks for the help!

FredFogg
07-22-2011, 10:13 PM
Any luck yet Kyle?

redtailsrule
07-23-2011, 02:37 PM
Haven't gotten a call yet