PDA

View Full Version : New Locate NAFA Members on NAFA website

FredFogg
08-18-2011, 09:24 AM
For NAFA Members!

I just put in the Members Area and in the Breaking News for Members a link to a google type map that will allow members to find other NAFA members. You can zoom in and out and while zoomed out, it will give you numbers of falconers for a country, zoom in, for a state, zoom in more, for an area and keep zooming and it will take you right down to that individual falconer. Any NAFA member that requested their location not be listed in the Membership Directory won't appear on the map. This map is only updated at the beginning of each year, so if you moved or joined after the first of the year, the information will not be correct. Also, if there are multiple people at the same address, it will only list the first one in alphabetical order all though when zoomed out, it will tell the number there. Hey, I didn't create the thing. LOL

I am working on a search tool that will allow folks to use a drop down box to select a state or NAFA region and then hit a submit button and it will list all of the NAFA members accordingly. But for now, the map should take care of anyone wanting to look to see if there are any falconers in the area they will be visiting or hunting this fall.

Click here (http://www.n-a-f-a.com/members/locmem.htm) and take a look and tell me what you think. I think it is pretty cool!

Saluqi
08-18-2011, 11:18 AM
That's pretty cool Fred, nice job!

thunderheartiii
08-18-2011, 11:32 AM
Great tool to have in the "Tool Box"...I just made one for the GFA(Georgia Falconry Association) and it's being reviewed by the Board of Directors. I just placed all the members in their respective "cities only" to protect the privacy issues.

What you have done for NAFA is really a good idea though.

Next maybe a NAFEX google map...lol-j/k

mainefalconer
08-18-2011, 01:02 PM
Very Cool Fred. I like it! clapp

Keith Denman
08-19-2011, 04:15 PM
I tried to go on the NAFA website and you can not get on it all not even to get an application for membership without a password and user name. Extremely frustrating trying all the different links to be blocked from all access.

Saluqi
08-19-2011, 04:25 PM
I tried to go on the NAFA website and you can not get on it all not even to get an application for membership without a password and user name. Extremely frustrating trying all the different links to be blocked from all access.

Keith it's a momentary glitch that will be fixed soon.

Keith Denman
08-19-2011, 04:56 PM
Thanks Paul
I am wanting to rejoin back up.

MrBill
08-19-2011, 08:56 PM
That's cool, Fred! Thanks.

Bill Boni

calebstroh
08-20-2011, 02:16 PM
Still doesn't seem to be working for me either?

Tom Smith
08-20-2011, 08:50 PM
Me either, OR the login user name has changed and/or the password. Could you PM me the current in case I'm using the outdated.

potterdo
08-21-2011, 07:08 AM
Tried it out this morning and it worked well. It was cool to see the falconers who are close to areas where I often travel - I'll be heading to NY for a couple of weeks this winter, now maybe I can get my falconry fix while I am there.
Well Done Fred.:D

Ross
08-21-2011, 07:41 AM
This is a great feature. A thought on how to improve it even more would be to something similar to what a couple BMW motorcycle clubs I belong to do and have info as to if the person is interested in having visitors, help in case of an emergency, offer a guest room etc.

Though the new map was cool I have tried to use the online directory a couple times and get a message about the server not working for the application.

Tom Smith
08-21-2011, 12:47 PM
Me either, OR the login user name has changed and/or the password. Could you PM me the current in case I'm using the outdated.

Ok I'm good now, thanks Paul, and the map feature works well, really well.