PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Hippy
12-04-2007, 08:14 PM
Hello all,my name is Steve and i live in Texarkana Arkansas...I am looking to meet any falconers in this area or nearby and hoping to find a mentor/sponsor to get started... I live in the country on10 acres and have access to tons of land to train or hunt on...I have been intrested in this since i was about 12 when i watched a man hunt his bird thn i was hooked but until now i havent had the time todevote to such a venture, so any help or direction in this effort willbe appreciated greatly..Glad to be here ...Steve

Jimmy
12-04-2007, 08:16 PM
Glad to see you made it here, Steve.
There are a few people here from Arkansas. I'm sure someone will be able to give you some leads.

Hippy
12-04-2007, 08:27 PM
ThanksJimmy for the direction,i really needed it...Steve

kimmerar
12-04-2007, 08:29 PM
Hey Steve

I live in Hot Springs. PM aprichard on the member list. He is the president of our club. Or go to the Arkansas Hawking Association and post there and you'll get some replies. I think Ron lives in DeWitt. Not sure how far that is but someone from Texarkana asked the same question awhile back and Ron was the person closest to you. We have a field meet in Stuttgart the first weekend in Feb. Maybe you can come and meet everyone.

Welcome to the forum there is a lot of great info here. Got quail on that 10 acres????

Hippy
12-04-2007, 09:10 PM
Thanks kim,no , no quail , doves,rabbit and squirells,but have access to lots of quail land..Ihave some friends in stuttgart big duck hunters Jimmy mc swain dont know if you know em but hte trip sounds like fun thanks for the invite send me more info when available ...Steve

Bodarc
12-04-2007, 11:11 PM
Hey Steve

I'm a member of the AR Hawking Association too. Maybe we'll get to meet if you make it to Stuttgart this year. Welcome.

Hippy
12-04-2007, 11:21 PM
Great to hear from you looking foreward to Stuttgart hope to see you there, i'll be the one without a face...Steve

kimmerar
12-04-2007, 11:22 PM
Steve Here's a link. http://arkansashawkingassociation.org/aha/

Glad you'll be there Johnny. The meet is actually in Ethel AR - just outside of Stuttgart. Nothing has been finalized yet. Just keep checking the sight. Go say hi. My husband is on the board so I read all the e-mails.

You can contact Rusty at the Mike Huckabee Delta River Nature's Center in Pine Bluff. He'll get ya headed in the right direction.

Hope to see you there.

Bodarc
12-05-2007, 01:16 AM
Steve

Ethel is very easy to find. Just look for where the store used to be. Ya can't miss it.

Chris L.
12-05-2007, 09:35 AM
Steve,

Welcome to NAFEX. Glad to see you found the site.. Can i ask how you did find it?

It looks like you are on your way to becoming a falconer.. watch out it is addictive:D.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress. Don't hesitate to ask questions as we all are a great group.

again welcome to NAFEX and a to the falconry

Hippy
12-05-2007, 09:50 AM
I kept askingquestions and someone sent me the link to this site..Steve

outhawkn
12-05-2007, 08:19 PM
Hey Steve

I live in Hot Springs. PM aprichard on the member list. He is the president of our club. Or go to the Arkansas Hawking Association and post there and you'll get some replies. I think Ron lives in DeWitt. Not sure how far that is but someone from Texarkana asked the same question awhile back and Ron was the person closest to you. We have a field meet in Stuttgart the first weekend in Feb. Maybe you can come and meet everyone.

Welcome to the forum there is a lot of great info here. Got quail on that 10 acres????

Stuttgart AR.....Ducks,ducks,ducks...did I mention DUCKS!

Jimmy
12-05-2007, 08:38 PM
i'll be the one without a face...

I read on another list what happened. That musta been a lot to go through.

outhawkn
12-05-2007, 09:30 PM
i'll be the one without a face...Steve

Welcome Home!!
What does your post mean??

Hippy
12-06-2007, 12:28 AM
A rare form of cancer..but i,me still alive...Steve

Chris L.
12-06-2007, 08:47 AM

Steve,
So sorry to hear about that. One of my best friends was just diagnosed with carposi sarcoma, it is brutal. He is doing chemo for a year and radiation on top of that. It is sucking the life out of him for sure.

hang in there...

Hippy
12-06-2007, 01:09 PM
Hea Chris,And thanks ,i know what he's going thru...mine was diagnosed as squamous cell carcinoma....it aint fun. Tell your friend hang on and fight it will get better. I myself lost over 100 lbs in about 4 mos..brutal chemo and radiation but i'me back up to weight now...we will pray for him and his family...Steve

outhawkn
12-06-2007, 01:39 PM

Sorry about that for sure and I dont mean to make lite of it... but you can still go hawking ,RIGHT?HeHeHe

Cause as long as thats OK we should be good to go!

threetoe
12-06-2007, 11:51 PM
Steve:
I tell you no lie, this is a GREAT bunch. I'm just one of the knuckleheads who make it so colorful.
There is a wonderful family atmosphere and good hearted ribbing between us.
Jimmy is someone I'd sure like to meet. He's a character and makes me smile.
I could go on and on about the tremendous contribution the "Gang" has been to my short career as a Falconer.

I waste WAY TO MUCH TIME HERE!!!

You will find a no nonsense, honest, hard hitting bunch who are more than happy to give you their opinions and assistance.

I like it here.

Welcome...

(welc)

outhawkn
12-07-2007, 01:09 AM
Steve:
I tell you no lie, this is a GREAT bunch. I'm just one of the knuckleheads who make it so colorful.
There is a wonderful family atmosphere and good hearted ribbing between us.
Jimmy is someone I'd sure like to meet. He's a character and makes me smile.
I could go on and on about the tremendous contribution the "Gang" has been to my short career as a Falconer.

I waste WAY TO MUCH TIME HERE!!!

You will find a no nonsense, honest, hard hitting bunch who are more than happy to give you their opinions and assistance.

I like it here.

Welcome...

(welc)

Boy...do we have you fooled:D

Jimmy
12-07-2007, 01:14 AM
:D:D:D

Hippy
12-07-2007, 11:29 AM
Hea Bill, Ihav only foundonething i cant do any more Drive during the day radiation burned mt good eye so bad it made it very light sensitive and i dont trust myself to drive during the day..so stomping around in the woods and feilds will be no problem..Steve

outhawkn
12-07-2007, 11:57 PM
Hea Bill, Ihav only foundonething i cant do any more Drive during the day radiation burned mt good eye so bad it made it very light sensitive and i dont trust myself to drive during the day..so stomping around in the woods and feilds will be no problem..Steve

Thats great! Your gonna like falconers... at least some er.uh a few of them!:D

jfseaman
12-09-2007, 10:54 PM
Fred

Carlsbad, CA