PDA

View Full Version : Falconry

Jason
08-31-2011, 10:25 AM
Hello I am interested in getting into the art of Falconry. I live in the South FL. area if there is anyone out there how is willing to take me on as an apprentice i would be real greatful. Thank you .

alexbracken
08-31-2011, 10:56 AM
Hi Jason,

I live in Venice, FL on the west coast. Try contacting both falconry clubs in Florida, the Florida Hawking Fraternity (f-h-f.org) and the Florida Falconers Association (floridafalconry.com) and they should help you get in touch with some local falconers. I too am getting ready to start my apprenticeship, and along with contacting local falconers, you should start studying for your permit test. Get both the California Hawking Club's study guide and apprentice manual, as well as New York's study guide; those are what helped me on the test. Good luck!

P.S.- Be sure to sign your name when you post; go into User CP to add it to your signature.

Jason
08-31-2011, 11:02 AM
Thanks for the info and the advice. All the best to you in your progress in the art of Falconry.

frootdog
09-01-2011, 01:09 AM
Thanks for the info and the advice. All the best to you in your progress in the art of Falconry.

You get extra credit for saying the art of falconry.clapp

YARAK191
09-01-2011, 01:44 PM
Obsession would have been better

toneill100
09-02-2011, 01:14 PM
Where in South Florida? East or West Coast?

toneill100
09-02-2011, 01:18 PM
Sorry Missed the Coconut creek. I live one county up in Palm Beach County. I believe there are a few of us in Broward. Be happy to have you along on a hunt if you want to see what it is like.