PDA

View Full Version : Tapatalk

Mandragen
09-07-2011, 04:23 PM
Anyone know if this forum works with the Tapatalk application? I use it for my other forums and it's very handy.

Dirthawking
09-08-2011, 11:13 PM
I believe it does. Not sure though. Try to PM admin and see if he can give you a possitive answer.

Tom Scheib
09-09-2011, 06:36 AM
What's Tapatalk?

thunderheartiii
09-10-2011, 05:45 PM
a mobile application for smart phones. I had to google it, cause had no clue either.

Mandragen
09-12-2011, 09:38 AM
a mobile application for smart phones. I had to google it, cause had no clue either.

^ yes, this. I use it for my internation reef forum, local reef forum, and the international falconry forum is on there as well. It comes in very handy when you are not near a computer and need to do a bit of reading.

Mandragen
10-13-2011, 11:25 AM
alright any news on this? Who do I need to talk to haill? Falconry forums make for great bathroom reading material!

Dirthawking
10-13-2011, 12:02 PM
I believe it does. Not sure though. Try to PM admin and see if he can give you a possitive answer.

Again.....

sevristh
10-13-2011, 04:29 PM
To be a bit more clear, ChrisL is the admin on here...

Mandragen
10-13-2011, 04:36 PM
To be a bit more clear, ChrisL is the admin on here...

goshawk5890
10-13-2011, 04:54 PM
how do you find it on tapatalk? i searched for it and it doesn't come up. i found the IFF one

Chris L.
10-13-2011, 06:33 PM
I do not have tapatalk installed on NAFEX. Is this something that everyone would like to see? I use my phone all the time to read NAFEX with no problems.

tagz
01-16-2012, 01:44 PM
I would like it. I have multiple forums I visit that have tapatalk installed. I honestly prefer to access them via that instead of a computer browser even if I am right at my computer.

tagz
01-17-2012, 02:32 AM
Just so other mods know and I dont have to keep having my Forum Rules reset, I made this post above before editing my sig with my real name. I was informed of it very swiftly (quick mods here) and then changed my sig. I can not edit the post above to reflect that though and have since had my forum rules reset for the same post. Problem taken care of. Thanks.

Joan Marie
01-17-2012, 10:31 AM
Tossing a yes in the ring here. Would be handy!

gemiller
01-23-2012, 05:51 PM
Wouldn't mind it as long as it's not a forced thing. I've been to a few forums that force the tapatalk or it won't load. But a lot of features don't exist in it so sometimes I use just the phone browser and sometimes the app depending what i'm looking for.

toneill100
07-12-2012, 11:38 AM
Any word on this?

tagz
08-11-2012, 10:07 AM
Was waiting to see as well if any update. I realize yes you can view it via browser. But tapatalk is my goto app for any of my forums. Nice to be able to view them all with one app, get notifications on activity on topics without visiting each one, etc.

Chris L.
08-11-2012, 01:41 PM
I have never used it. I always hit cancel on other forums when prompted. It sounds like it is a good app?

Let me revisit this for NAFEX. I am pretty busy at the moment so
give me some time.

tagz
12-20-2012, 12:35 AM
Yes its a good app. Its a nice place to visit all the different forums you may visit in one place. A nice list with all your login credentials saved so you can just click on each forum and go right in seeing all the most current posts, etc. The function and layout I find much easier to use on a touchscreen device rather than the browser. Also option for notifications. Can have your phone alert if you want when someone comments on a post you made, or sends a PM. All from outside the app. Also option to turn that off of course and tweak how often it checks for the sake of battery drain. Also multiple color schemes. I prefer to view the forums in "dark" mode. Which is white text on black background.

I could go on and on. Great option to have.

eminart
06-18-2013, 08:58 AM
I have never used it. I always hit cancel on other forums when prompted.

Me too. I've always wondered what the benefit could possibly be. I have the sites I visit saved in my bookmarks and the passwords are saved as well. Works fine for me.

Duncan1014
09-16-2015, 07:47 AM
Not to be the typical new guy digging up old posts, but is getting on Tapatalk still in the works?

Chris L.
09-16-2015, 10:19 AM
Hi William,

No I still have not added it. I am on the fence with it. Does it add advertising to the user when they use tapatalk? Meaning does taptalk force advertising?

Duncan1014
09-16-2015, 01:04 PM
Hi William,

No I still have not added it. I am on the fence with it. Does it add advertising to the user when they use tapatalk? Meaning does taptalk force advertising?

I have seen a few ads before but they were for the other forum I follow and it's only been a few times, they aren't pop-ups I almost didn't realize what it was, but like I said they were advertisements for sponsors of that forum. Honestly the app is a great tool very user friendly, I prefer the app over getting on the computer and visiting the site. I think it would be worth a try if you are on the fence about it, it makes uploading pictures and videos from your phone so much easier than on the computer or website and if you follow more than 1 forum it's all on the same place and fast to switch between sites. I know I'm new and my opinion doesn't mean much but I love the app.

gemiller
09-20-2015, 09:58 PM
I'm pretty sure the forum owner controls the ads if they want to monetize and can even use their own if they don't care about monetizing through tapatalk.

If I recall though you have to pay some monthly fee to remove the "tapatalk" branding (the "this forum supports tapatalk" kinda stuff on the page in the app) that comes on the free version.

tagz
09-29-2015, 10:28 PM
Yes you can pay to have your own branded version. From my experience the unbranded versions usually are behind features and updates the free tapatalk one has. One site I visit used the free version then switched to a paid version of tapatalk, so they could incorporate their own ad revenue. I didn't care for it much then, because it meant a new app installed instead of just Tapatalk. I also recommend if your on the fence try it out. Plugin and instructions for vbulletin are here. Let people know and try it out. If issues then disable the plugin. https://tapatalk.com/download_vBulletin.php

Chris L.
04-03-2016, 04:15 PM
Ok Guys I did some overhauling to the NAFEX this weekend. One change I made was to add tapatalk. Please let me know if it is working properly.

I have more to do to NAFEX so please be patient as I update software.

I hope the tapatalk helps those who have wanted it.

SkyRider
04-03-2016, 04:27 PM
Just had a spam pop-up force me off this page and to a "You won a free iPad" spam page. Is this sort of thing supposed to occur?

Chris L.
04-03-2016, 04:31 PM
hmmm, no it shouldn't. Are you using tapatalk

SkyRider
04-03-2016, 04:42 PM
No, it was just on my iPhone. Google Chrome browser. May have been a fluke. If it happens again, I'll be sure to screenshot it and send it your way.

Chris L.
04-03-2016, 04:50 PM
No, it was just on my iPhone. Google Chrome browser. May have been a fluke. If it happens again, I'll be sure to screenshot it and send it your way.

Thats perfect.. Screen shot is best

thanks

Megapode
04-04-2016, 12:03 AM
I tried the app today. So far it is easy to read on a mobile device. I will add a couple other forums and see if it is worth $.99

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk