PDA

View Full Version : Watcha bringing to Vernal?????

Chad L.
09-14-2011, 12:27 PM
I thought it would be interesting to see what birds everyone is bringing to the Vernal meet. Maybe it would be a good way for some of us to hook up that want to see different birds fly that they don't have access to on their local stomping grounds.

My little group of folks is bringing 3 G/Ps, 2 Reds, 1 male NA Gos, 1 Fin and a harris.

I am already excited for a pretty diverse trip but would like and try to make it out with an eagle falconer and someone who is flying aplos.

So whatcha bringing?

Chris L.
09-14-2011, 01:16 PM
Hi Chad,

I will be bringing a my hen harris for sure. Depending on how the other birds are doing, at that time, will decide what else I will bring.

I too would like to hook up with some eagle folks as well.

AK Rev
09-14-2011, 01:27 PM
Most of the eagles will be in KS the week before. A few will make Vernal the following week.

idbirdman
09-14-2011, 02:17 PM
I'll have my female Gyr/peregrine, female Gyr/prairie, a gyrkin, two english pointers, and probably some english pointer puppies.
Stephen

frootdog
09-14-2011, 03:51 PM
4 Harris's hawks, 2 English pointers, and maybe one male Cooper's hawk

jfseaman
09-14-2011, 04:23 PM
Good question. I hope I'm bringing a merlin or leaving with a merlin.:eek:

Something else as well, probably with pointy wings. stupd

What, depends on what happens with certain birds around here, where I go prior to Vernal and what there is to hunt. I may spend a week or 2 in Kansas prior to vernal trying my hand at prairie chickens and and if not in hand already, trapping a merlin. Of course Kansas puts me close enough to have a visit with Mom.:D

Regardless, only bringing one of my current crew, which ever gets the program best will go on falconry duty. I lean heavily toward the prairie but she has to make some progress in the next month.confusedd

michaelberan
09-14-2011, 07:14 PM
Just my splinter crew from Louisiana will be bringing 2 RT's (not yet trapped), 1 passage female HH, 2 CB female HH's

Ken S.
09-15-2011, 09:52 AM
Bringing my female HH for sure, haven't decided if I'll bring one of my dogs(GSP or a mini-dach) on the plane or not... leaning towards not.

NMHighPlains
09-15-2011, 10:11 AM
I'm bringing 2 boys aged 10 and 7.

Dunno about birds. It'll just depend on how they're doing- I don't want to pay the $$$ and go thru all the import stuff if they're not flying well.

STait
09-15-2011, 11:01 AM
jerkin, pointer, and hopefully some hoods.

jfseaman
09-16-2011, 10:37 AM
jerkin, pointer, and hopefully some hoods.
So there's the rub. Just when I get close to giving up on going to Vernal, I get a reminder that my friends and people I want to see in person are going to be there. Steve, Al Ross, Brandi, Mario (yes she gets first billing toungeout), Krys, Chris, Chris, Chris, might be one more Chris and a Kris if she goes.

Hopefully get the chance to know other members of the falconry family. Some from here dislike me based on a purely internet based perception and meets are a chance to prove that I am far worse in person.;);)

Still going. Just have to deal with the hassle and costs.:D

frootdog
09-16-2011, 11:25 AM
Still going. Just have to deal with the hassle and costs.:D

What NAFA meet is not expensive? Quit your bitchin (or is that betchin) and get your ass there. :D

jfseaman
09-17-2011, 12:43 PM
What NAFA meet is not expensive? Quit your bitchin (or is that betchin) and get your ass there. :D

Hey, we all have budgets and perceptions . I'll have to drive the Subaru to save gas money to offset the costs of h/toungeoutc