PDA

View Full Version : New & greetings

Pbordewijki
12-29-2006, 01:01 PM
[smilie=icon_thumright.gif] Good day to all. I wishes all falconers and hunters a very good huntingyear 2007. I'm Paul from the netherlands and had the privilege too hunt your rockey Mountains and the blue mountain (State washington) twice for big game: Elk and whitetail.
I am learning for falconry because it is a facinating hunting method.

I believe in respect for all live and experience the core business of nature: survival. [smilie=eusa_naughty.gif]
Respect for the birds and game is part of it.
Your forum seem too be all of this. So I take part of it.

Greetings,
Paul

`Chris L.
12-29-2006, 01:11 PM
Paul, Welcome to the forums. I am glad you decided to join us. I see you are a big game hunter. There are a couple of us on here who like to hunt big game as well.

here are some pictures of a white tail i got this year http://nafex.net/viewtopic.php?t=81

how was hunting in the Rockies? Did you get anything?

I see that you are wanting one day to be a falconer... PLease dont hesitate to ask questions or post. There are alot of expierenced people on this forum that would love to lend a helping hand

happy new you to you

Chris

Doug Alton
12-29-2006, 05:02 PM
Hi my name is Doug Alton
I live on the outside edge of San Jose California. Many of you know me and many of you do not. I tend to be very outspoken about my government especially when they get out of line.
My accomplishments are setting up or helping to set up Raptor breeding projects in 4 countries (only two are left). I have bred: American Harris's, Aplomado Falcons, Peruvian Harris's, Ferruginous, and I sometimes fly my Golden Eagle. I successfully forced the state of California to issue the first Golden Eagles falconry Permit in history. I played a very large roll in the comments on the reg proposals for both falconers and breeders. I take a lot of credit for biting the feds in the A$$ over opperation "Witch Hunt"
All of the Aplomado falcons in private hands inside the USA are either Aplomados that I imported of the offspring thereof. My next projects are to import more exoctic Eagles and Hawk Eagles. Please don't ask if I can sell you an Eagle or Hawk-eagle unless you are a breeder and in a co-op and plan on spending several thousand dollars and doing a lot of red tape. However I can sell you an Aplomado. I don't have a lot of time to check e-mail and I may not read your post for several days or at all, nothing personal, I am just busy. If you want to get in contact with me the best way is probably a personal e-mail to me at Eagle014@aol.com
Thanks for listening
Doug Alton

Jimmy
12-29-2006, 05:50 PM
I tend to be very outspoken about my government

That's an undersatement....

Jimmy
12-29-2006, 05:51 PM
I sometimes fly my Golden Eagle.

An honest eagle falconer... finally.

everetkhorton
12-29-2006, 07:35 PM
Doug:
There is a big difference between someone that is outspoken and sits on there hand and does nothing, and a person that is outspoken and does something about it.
Ev, Michigan

goshawks00
12-29-2006, 08:21 PM
Ev, I'm not sure if you know Doug or not, he and I are members of the same co-op and Doug IS VERY outspoken and backs it with leather if you know what I mean. Doug good to see you here and hope you do find time to contribute here.

Ev, several of us went out trapping together today-- and caught 8 K-birds a coop and had several other close calls-- a great way to spend a Christmas holiday day with friends.

Barry

`Chris L.
12-29-2006, 09:04 PM
Doug
Thank you for joining the forum. It sounds like you are a man of your workd and I can appreicate that. It seems as though you know some of the others here. I look forward to your posts and hope you contribute often. PLease dont hesitate to help build up the breeding section. I know you are busy, but your imput is greatly appreciated as you seem to know the business pretty well .. this goes to any other breeders as well.

I look forward to your posts

everetkhorton
12-29-2006, 09:49 PM
Barry:
No I do not know Doug. Yap, road trapping is fun any time. 8 K-birds that is real good for no snow. What did you catch them on? Did the COHW go for the same bait. Did you happen to see bo-jangles while out traping? I have not seen many raptor in my area in the late month or so. Did you see many RTHW?
Ev, Michigan

goshawks00
12-29-2006, 11:54 PM
Hi Ev,,
Started out using two sparrows in a BC and caught a couple Ks right off the bat, then had several not commit to the BC as they were a bit farther out. Switched to the other BC with mice and caught a couple more Ks along with a great looking adult coop male, man he was as shiny as a new penny-- in my world there is not a better looking hawk bar none than an adult male coop. A bit later the mice seemed to be getting cold and not so active so threw a sparrow in the trap with them and had a roll of 4 Ks in a row caught... Threw the trap out for a couple more coops but none were biting and both had crops .. missed a couple possibly trap wise hag RTs and lost a huge passage to a pull out. Trapped about 5 hours caught 9 of 16 birds saw.
Snow would have been nice or a bit colder waether, as it was up into the high forties.
Barry
Unusual sighting for the day was a perfect looking Blue Heron on a creek that flushed on our approach going down the road, and when it flew off one leg was broken at the knee :>(

Gerald
12-30-2006, 04:22 PM
Welcome Paul and Doug,

Paul that given pleasure of seeing a new European falconer.

Gerald