PDA

View Full Version : Permanent Vacation

sakerjack
09-27-2011, 11:56 AM
Just getting back to hoods,,had a terrible eye infection and a business trip.. I call this one
"My Mind Is On Permanent Vacation"

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll64/sakerjack/DSCF4414.jpg

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll64/sakerjack/DSCF4413.jpg

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll64/sakerjack/DSCF4412.jpg

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll64/sakerjack/DSCF4407.jpg

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll64/sakerjack/DSCF4406.jpg

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll64/sakerjack/DSCF4415.jpg

Lowachi
09-27-2011, 12:13 PM
just like the song goes," I waaaant it, I waaaant it, I waaaant it....." A"parrot-head" hood for sure!thumbsupp

Keith Denman
09-27-2011, 12:44 PM
Hi Ken:
Sorry to hear about the eye infection. Hope you got it completely taken care of. I can see it did not hinder your awesome ability with your art work and hood making. That is one beautiful hood.

sakerjack
09-27-2011, 01:23 PM
just like the song goes," I waaaant it, I waaaant it, I waaaant it....." A"parrot-head" hood for sure!thumbsupp

LMAO,, "I know, I know, I should have made it more colorful"!! Thanks...

sakerjack
09-27-2011, 01:26 PM
Hi Ken:
Sorry to hear about the eye infection. Hope you got it completely taken care of. I can see it did not hinder your awesome ability with your art work and hood making. That is one beautiful hood.

EYE is driving me NUTS,, can only work about an hour or so a day.. Thanks KD!

sakerjack
09-27-2011, 01:30 PM

I am a big Buffett fan for sure, you?. If the hood doesn't fit my saker, you can have it..

sharptail
09-27-2011, 04:04 PM
It reminds me of Rick Anderson's 2 piece stuff. They have a lot of eye room!

Keith Denman
09-27-2011, 04:10 PM
I hope your eye gets better in a hurry. It is no fun when that happens. I am getting ready to start working on my pattern again. I just finished a 4th bell and the solder flowed smoothly. Getting better at it.

sakerjack
09-27-2011, 04:17 PM
It reminds me of Rick Anderson's 2 piece stuff. They have a lot of eye room!

You have a good eye Jeff, Rick gave his pattern and a Dutch back version to my hood making Mentor Dennis Maynes. Dennis tweeked it some and sent it to me.. I love the pattern.
BTW Dennis worked with Rick years ago to come up with his Chinook Blocks, they are good friends.

sakerjack
09-27-2011, 05:31 PM
I hope your eye gets better in a hurry. It is no fun when that happens. I am getting ready to start working on my pattern again. I just finished a 4th bell and the solder flowed smoothly. Getting better at it.

Jeez bells,,, WOW you are a better man than me KD.. Good luck with them.

sharptail
09-27-2011, 10:32 PM
I hadn't realized that the Chinook blocks were Rick's.

gos'n
09-27-2011, 10:58 PM
Ken,
Beautiful art as always. Hope the eye is better soon.
That pattern has become my favorite, and I have made about 8 of them so far.
Thanks for being so generous. I'd have quit making hoods long ago without your influence.
John

GONEHAWKN
09-27-2011, 11:38 PM
EYE is driving me NUTS,, can only work about an hour or so a day.. Thanks KD!

thats what the pirate said about the steering wheel in his pants..."AYE it's driving me nuts!!!"

Lowachi
09-28-2011, 01:23 AM
thats what the pirate said about the steering wheel in his pants..."AYE it's driving me nuts!!!"

I needed the laugh, thanks.....clapp

canvibe
09-28-2011, 01:53 AM
You should make one and call it "What was I smoking".:D

Lowachi
09-28-2011, 02:00 AM
You should make one and call it "What was I smoking".:D

I think the line is , "What was I thinking!" toungeout or is it, "What was I drinkin'?" ;) It's 5 o'clock somewherethumbsupp. Where's Comeaux????

GONEHAWKN
09-28-2011, 07:20 AM
I needed the laugh, thanks.....clapp

i am here all week.....try the veal.......thank you very much....

okaive
09-28-2011, 07:33 AM
Very nice man.

sakerjack
09-28-2011, 08:18 AM
I hadn't realized that the Chinook blocks were Rick's.

Dennis and Rick go way back and it was Rick that showed Dennis how to make blocks hoods etc. Dennis then made his own molds with the sloping back similar to Rick's and the rest is history. This was like 35 years ago...I then acquired the master molds and having been making the Chinook Blocks for years now.

sakerjack
09-28-2011, 08:30 AM
I am a big Buffett fan for sure, you?. If the hood doesn't fit my saker, you can have it..

Well Rich, looks like you got yourself a hood. Should fit one your female peregrines about one size to small for my saker.
I will send it with your blocks and patterns.

frootdog
09-28-2011, 09:44 AM
Well Rich, looks like you got yourself a hood. Should fit one your female peregrines about one size to small for my saker.

Hold the phones! What? Rich gonna start making hoods?! This will be good!clapp

Lowachi
09-28-2011, 11:18 AM

Wow!!! Thanks Buddy!!! Got just the party girl for it. thank you thank you....

Lowachi
09-28-2011, 01:03 PM

Just playing for myself, Brandon on the other hand, well we'll see:D.

sakerjack
09-28-2011, 04:24 PM
Wow!!! Thanks Buddy!!! Got just the party girl for it. thank you thank you....

Hey you are very welcome..

Lowachi
09-28-2011, 09:12 PM

Actually, will be trying my hands at this accordian back style. My peregrine "Crystal" came to me with one- a Mr. Rey, I believe--, but I had to return it of course. She readily stuck her head into it, not so with her present hood. So......;)

sharptail
09-28-2011, 11:55 PM
Dennis and Rick go way back and it was Rick that showed Dennis how to make blocks hoods etc. Dennis then made his own molds with the sloping back similar to Rick's and the rest is history. This was like 35 years ago...I then acquired the master molds and having been making the Chinook Blocks for years now.Ahh... so the Chinook blocks are yours... congrats! No one deserves a place in hood making history more!!! I love your subject matter for the art on the hoods and also the Parrot head theme!

Do the blocks come with risque art inscribe in/on them?

Lowachi
09-29-2011, 01:12 AM
Ahh... so the Chinook blocks are yours... congrats! No one deserves a place in hood making history more!!! I love your subject matter for the art on the hoods and also the Parrot head theme!

Ol' Dave Mann art from Easyrider magazine is a good source;)

sakerjack
09-29-2011, 09:10 AM
Actually, will be trying my hands at this accordian back style. My peregrine "Crystal" came to me with one- a Mr. Rey, I believe--, but I had to return it of course. She readily stuck her head into it, not so with her present hood. So......;)

Rich I will add a different Arab Style hood pattern with your blocks as well.

sakerjack
09-29-2011, 10:23 AM
Very nice man.

Thank you,,

Lowachi
09-29-2011, 11:12 AM
Rich I will add a different Arab Style hood pattern with your blocks as well.

Thank you Sir. Ya keep adding stuff and you'll need a bigger box!;)

sakerjack
09-29-2011, 11:28 AM
Ken,
Beautiful art as always. Hope the eye is better soon.
That pattern has become my favorite, and I have made about 8 of them so far.
Thanks for being so generous. I'd have quit making hoods long ago without your influence.
John

Thank you John, kind words indeed. What is so nice is that the pattern I posted, it is a good base to start with. You can then tweek it, pulling the front back into the back panel and squaring it off, rounding it off, make it a one piece with a more rounded seam etc etc..
I am Glad I have influenced you in some way.

sakerjack
09-29-2011, 11:29 AM

Sorry meant to post earlier, that is FUNNY, good one.

sakerjack
09-29-2011, 11:29 AM
Thank you Sir. Ya keep adding stuff and you'll need a bigger box!;)

LMAO

sakerjack
09-29-2011, 01:46 PM
Ahh... so the Chinook blocks are yours... congrats! No one deserves a place in hood making history more!!! I love your subject matter for the art on the hoods and also the Parrot head theme!

Thank you Jeff for your kind words, much appreciated.. Dennis Maynes who created the originals then the new Chinook block molds for me about 6 years ago really should get the credit, heck I just pour em.
I have more parrot themed hoods planned as well as a few that may surprise,,even a two colored Dutch, available with three different eye panel shapes.

Lowachi
10-13-2011, 03:15 AM
Th epix don't do it justice brother!! and what's with the extra blocks.... no note.. ThANK YOU!!!!!

sakerjack
10-13-2011, 02:42 PM
Th epix don't do it justice brother!! and what's with the extra blocks.... no note.. ThANK YOU!!!!!

PM sent,, I have heard that my crap photos do not represent my hoods all to well, so this year Santa,,, Guess what I want?
Glad they all arrived safely,