PDA

View Full Version : Article Library

goshawkr
10-05-2011, 02:39 PM
I know that NAFEX does not support uploading of photos and files.

Being a computer guy, I get the headaches that go with all that. Besides the fact that the engine "under the hood" which powers NAFEX is not equipt to do so.

However, there are plenty of dicussions that come up refering to articles that people have written. In a handful of cases I ahve seen these transcribed into a thread, and thats a good solution in some cases...

But I think if there were a NAFEX library it would be even more helpful. Is there a feasable way to do this on the servers that host NAFEX? I have a web presence that I could do this through as long as the traffic is very limited - which I would expect it to be, but then its reliant on me to be around to offer it.

Of course, the real awesome answer would be for the Archives to go digital with their offerings, but that is a way out yet.

Pedro Af
10-05-2011, 03:22 PM
You could use a DropBox to put the articles and then put the public links in a thread or create a issuu acount to do this.

Just thinking on options.
Regards
Pedro

goshawkr
10-05-2011, 03:31 PM
You could use a DropBox to put the articles and then put the public links in a thread or create a issuu acount to do this.

Just thinking on options.
Regards
Pedro

Thats a good solution Pedro. There are several cloud based "drive" solutions that could be brought to bear.

Of course, the downside to that is relying on some entity besides NAFEX to get access.

One real problem with the computer industry is it tends to think in extremely short time frames, and forget that companies and technologies come and go. Very ironic, considering how extremely rapid those changes are within the tech industry.

JRedig
10-05-2011, 04:05 PM
I'd give another vote for dropbox, we use this for all the materials for our sales team and quite a bit of our physician training material etc. A very versatile tool to have at hand. Maybe we get a nafex dropbox account?

Dirthawking
10-05-2011, 05:14 PM
Chris L. has put links direct to download for articles and the such. Get with him on how he has done this in the past.

frootdog
10-05-2011, 09:29 PM
Chris L. has put links direct to download for articles and the such. Get with him on how he has done this in the past.

I think they are talking about a larger scale rather than just an article here and there that Chris has accommodated in the past.

Dirthawking
10-05-2011, 09:44 PM
I think they are talking about a larger scale rather than just an article here and there that Chris has accommodated in the past.

You missed the point. If he can and has done a few, maybe he is willing to do more, in a large scale. But thanks for playing! toungeout

frootdog
10-05-2011, 09:53 PM
You missed the point. If he can and has done a few, maybe he is willing to do more, in a large scale. But thanks for playing! toungeout

Doubt it since he won't let pics be directly loaded.

Dirthawking
10-05-2011, 09:55 PM
What is the worst he can say? Besides, pictures eat up a lot of server space. Articles, not so much.

Chris L.
10-06-2011, 12:56 PM
No!

Just kidding! yeah I can do this. I think its a great idea, thanks Geoff! I can make an article section on NAFEX and upload the files for you. I do not let the members as it is a security risk I am not willing to risk. When I do it, I know the files that are being uploaded are clean and not a risk to anyone Downloading them. Especially for all you PC users... toungeout

I will also check out that drop box.

frootdog
10-06-2011, 02:26 PM
No!

Just kidding!

Funny!clapp

goshawkr
10-06-2011, 03:04 PM
No!

Just kidding! yeah I can do this. I think its a great idea, thanks Geoff! I can make an article section on NAFEX and upload the files for you. I do not let the members as it is a security risk I am not willing to risk. When I do it, I know the files that are being uploaded are clean and not a risk to anyone Downloading them. Especially for all you PC users... toungeout

I will also check out that drop box.

Thanks Chris....

I think its a great idea to keep a central gate keeper (or gatekeepers) for these files.

I need to confirm author permission and then I'll have the first one ready for you today.

How do I get it to you?

Chris L.
10-06-2011, 08:13 PM
Thanks Chris....

I think its a great idea to keep a central gate keeper (or gatekeepers) for these files.

I need to confirm author permission and then I'll have the first one ready for you today.

How do I get it to you?

Its my pleasure. I look forward to having this resource on NAFEX. It will make NAFEX a better resource for falconers.

You can email them here (admin@nafex.net). Anyone else that may have an article/s they want to put in the library, please submit them

Dirthawking
10-06-2011, 08:46 PM
Doubt it since he won't let pics be directly loaded.

Wow.....don't you look like a JA right about now!!! toungeout

AK Rev
10-06-2011, 08:57 PM

Actually, I think Krys looks a lot like the guy who lives under the rock on the Geico commercial. Seriously.

Dirthawking
10-06-2011, 08:58 PM
Actually, I think Krys looks a lot like the guy who lives under the rock on the Geico commercial. Seriously.
clappclappclappclappclapp

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAA

frootdog
10-07-2011, 01:03 PM
At least I was not an A**hole about it.

Pedro Af
10-08-2011, 01:05 PM
Chirs,

I've sent you and invite for a shared dropbox folder with some articles. Hope some will do.
My best regards
Pedro

Manganese
06-17-2012, 01:58 PM
Are their any articles approved now, where can i find them?