PDA

View Full Version : posting images

ljmullis
12-12-2007, 04:14 PM
Chris,

I am not able to post images. Under Posting Rules It says that I may not post attachments. If I click on your instructions on how to post images I get a page with the message "No input file specified."

Thanks,
Larry

wesleyc6
12-12-2007, 04:36 PM
Larry,
If you are using the "enhanced" version to type in , there is an image button to push that puts it right in the post in front of your very eyes. It is in the user Cp at the bottom. See if that helps!(welc)

ljmullis
12-12-2007, 05:52 PM
Larry,
If you are using the "enhanced" version to type in , there is an image button to push that puts it right in the post in front of your very eyes. It is in the user Cp at the bottom. See if that helps!(welc)

Hey Wes! Hows it going? Got yourself a 10-gallon hat yet?
I do have the enhanced version selected and I see the toolbar above the message which includes the "Insert Image" icon. Clicking this icon requires that the image be on a server and you must enter the URL. Is this what you are referring to? If the posting rules allowed attachments you could just click on the "Add Attachment" button and upload an image from your local computer. The Georgia Outdoor News forum uses this same software and does allow attachments. This is much simpler than having to put the image on a server somewhere and provide the URL to it.
If I scroll to the bottom of the page I am currently on, the Posting Rules contain this:

You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments <--- I think this may be the problem
You may edit your posts

Thanks,
Larry

wesleyc6
12-12-2007, 06:09 PM
Well I have two 5 gallon hats. Does that count? We have 'em in the church and I think it is cool, but it come off as a nerd in one. I love it here. I have been REALLY sick since Sunday though. WHEW!

I will talk to Chris about that and see what he says. You are right, you still have to post your pics on a site at this point.

Chris L.
12-12-2007, 08:04 PM
I have disabled the ability to attach photos to your post staight from your computer. Here is why. When you upload to my server ( uploading from your computer straight to NAFEX) it costs me more money. More uploading directly to NAFEX server = more space taken up = more money out of my pocket painkillerr

That is why you have to go to a free site and upload your photos and then post the link in the forum.

Sorry for the extra step in the process but it really does not take that much longer. Just have to get used to it.

wesleyc6
12-12-2007, 08:08 PM
I thought that was what you told me, but didn't want to quote you from my feeble memory. I have my own website anyway, and it doesn't bother me at all to upload them to it.

ljmullis
12-12-2007, 09:04 PM
OK. Thanks for the answers.

Larry

outhawkn
12-15-2007, 06:52 PM
If you'd put a paypal Donate button on here some of us would be willing to help you.... :cool:

Chris L.
12-15-2007, 09:08 PM
If you'd put a paypal Donate button on here some of us would be willing to help you.... :cool:

Bill,
I really appreciate that. Thank you for offering. I have had several requests from other members to do so.. I will get one up as soon as I get all the kinks worked out. I still have more changes coming for the forums. As soon as I get it stable and where I like it I will do that for sure. It is so nice that others want to help. I really appreciate it.

I just wont feel right until the site is stable and perfect.. .

outhawkn
12-15-2007, 10:09 PM
Bill,
I really appreciate that. Thank you for offering. I have had several requests from other members to do so.. I will get one up as soon as I get all the kinks worked out. I still have more changes coming for the forums. As soon as I get it stable and where I like it I will do that for sure. It is so nice that others want to help. I really appreciate it.

I just wont feel right until the site is stable and perfect.. .

Chris, it may never be perfect...crazyy

Baine
12-16-2007, 09:12 AM
Chris

I did what you said and just the link shows, not the picture. You have to click the link to see the shot. I used "post image" link. Should I be using insert link?

Chris L.
12-18-2007, 06:58 PM
Chris

I did what you said and just the link shows, not the picture. You have to click the link to see the shot. I used "post image" link. Should I be using insert link?

Baine, sorry for replying so late I have been working on this site so much I have not been reading posts.. can you post the link here and I can figure it out.

let me know

Baine
12-18-2007, 09:01 PM
Chris

Thanks, I fiddled around enough where I finally stepped into it. I was posting the link & not the actual photo name/w/size.
Thanks again

Chris L.
12-18-2007, 09:03 PM
Chris

Thanks, I fiddled around enough where I finally stepped into it. I was posting the link & not the actual photo name/w/size.
Thanks again

glad you got it.. I am gong to make a tutorial right now for other members who come on here and have trouble with it. It is tricky at first but once you get it it really isn't that bad.