PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Nafa Meet CoonAss Shrimp Boil

COMEAUX
11-10-2011, 10:04 AM
OK, a few of you on here have been to the past shrimp boils at the NAFA MEETS. It is always on wednesday around noon. This year will be no exception gonna be bringing 75-100 pounds of nice Texas Gulf Shrimp and 30 pounds of Zummos party time links,made a few miles down the road in Beaumont. hope to find some fresh corn in Vernal. Those of you that have had the pleasure of attending in the past need to RAZ on Chris Lyn our fearless leader:eek: to hang around long enough on Wednesday and join us this year. For those who have not been to the boil it is open to any onebeeer minimum donation of $5 no maximum:D. All money after expenses go to next years boil. I had $200 from last year and that goes to buy the shrimp. See Y'all in Vernal!!

Chris

ukroper
11-10-2011, 10:09 AM
Ill be there (with apron!!) to help cook and drink the Ziegan if required mate!!:D:D

COMEAUX
11-10-2011, 10:21 AM
Gaz, your apron and help are always required and appreciated my friend!,will have plenty of Ziegenbock beeerbeeer!

Chris

Lowachi
11-10-2011, 10:48 AM
thumbsupp...and I won't be far away, Bro.beeer

Dirthawking
11-10-2011, 12:57 PM
And neither will Brandi and I! Look forward to it!!!

Eragon
11-10-2011, 01:36 PM
Should be awesome! Looking forward to it!

Yeomanfalconer
11-10-2011, 01:54 PM
Should be awesome! Looking forward to it!
I don't feel quite so bad about missing the meet now. I am allergic to shrimp.

AK Rev
11-10-2011, 02:05 PM
Allergic to shrimp and you are from Florida? That's just so wrong.

What are the odds we can get a shrimp boil in New Mexico? Not very good...:(

jfseaman
11-10-2011, 02:13 PM
OMG suddenly I am sooooo hungry

Yeomanfalconer
11-10-2011, 02:24 PM
Allergic to shrimp and you are from Florida? That's just so wrong.

What are the odds we can get a shrimp boil in New Mexico? Not very good...:(
I know, it was a real bummer growing up down there sometimes, my father was into aquaculture research-shrimp farming. Boiling kettles of pink shrimp would set me to choking. He would call me a wimp. Wah ! Diving for spiney lobster was fun, just had to watch my friends eat them and drink beer.

COMEAUX
11-10-2011, 02:40 PM
I don't feel quite so bad about missing the meet now. I am allergic to shrimp.

So is Peter Nolan,so the corn and sausage get cooked before the shrimp:D

Chris

Yeomanfalconer
11-10-2011, 02:44 PM
So is Peter Nolan,so the corn and sausage get cooked before the shrimp:D

Chris
Crap ! Oh well, I'll be thinking about it fondly.

Ron Clarke
11-10-2011, 02:54 PM
Yeah, baby! Can't wait. If you've never been, this is the culinary high point of the Meet.

Chris, you want I should bring some Alaskan beer to serve along with that big ol' mess of bugs?

Yeomanfalconer
11-10-2011, 03:13 PM
Yeah, baby! Can't wait. If you've never been, this is the culinary high point of the Meet.

Chris, you want I should bring some Alaskan beer to serve along with that big ol' mess of bugs?
I've been trying to find out about Ziegenbach. No one here has heard of it. You Cajun crazies...I'm allergic to that too but I won't go there any further.

COMEAUX
11-10-2011, 03:49 PM

Ron,Yeah I'll try any beer beeer Hard to beat a cold Ziegenbock though:D

Eric, It's brewed in Houston by Budweiser sold ONLY in Texas toungeout I'm bringing 5 cases:eek:

Chris

frootdog
11-10-2011, 03:53 PM
Can't wait!

Yeomanfalconer
11-10-2011, 03:58 PM
Ron,Yeah I'll try any beer beeer Hard to beat a cold Ziegenbock though:D

Eric, It's brewed in Houston by Budweiser sold ONLY in Texas toungeout I'm bringing 5 cases:eek:

Chris
Jesh, and I used to drive to Colorado in the sixties to get Coors and Prairie Falcons.

Ron Clarke
11-11-2011, 12:20 AM
I'll bring a case of Alaskan Amber, a case of Alaskan Winter Ale (brewed with spruce tips), and a case of their 25th anniversary "perseverance Ale" -- it's a Russian Imperial Stout made with fireweed honey and birch syrup. Killer.

Lowachi
11-11-2011, 04:30 AM
I'll bring a case of Alaskan Amber, a case of Alaskan Winter Ale (brewed with spruce tips), and a case of their 25th anniversary "perseverance Ale" -- it's a Russian Imperial Stout made with fireweed honey and birch syrup. Killer.

As NAFA Quality Control, all such items MUST come thru my "office"!!;) Ten Dram samples must betaken for multiple quality assurance;). and them there's the shelf life tests, and the ......... Make sure ya wear the brick suit!!

michaelberan
11-11-2011, 06:08 AM
Yummy yum yum, I can smell the boil now!

COMEAUX
11-11-2011, 07:52 AM
Glad to report that a member that lives in Vernal reserved a box of fresh corn to put into the potthumbsupp Thanks Rexbeeer. Ron,STOUT I think of the WHO'S album Quadrophenia haill the song sea and sand "they finally thru me out...my mom got drunk on stout" I saw a bottle some where and had to try it:eek: man was it strong!

Chris

JRedig
11-11-2011, 08:39 AM

I know who I'm gonna follow around all week!

Chris L.
11-11-2011, 08:58 AM

I will be right behind you
beeer

I have never been able to make your boil Chris, I always leave that wednesday. I hear it is very good and I hate I have not been able to try it out! I still would like to donate. When I see you at the meet I will give you mine

goshawkr
11-11-2011, 12:19 PM
OK, a few of you on here have been to the past shrimp boils at the NAFA MEETS. It is always on wednesday around noon. This year will be no exception gonna be bringing 75-100 pounds of nice Texas Gulf Shrimp and 30 pounds of Zummos party time links,made a few miles down the road in Beaumont. hope to find some fresh corn in Vernal. Those of you that have had the pleasure of attending in the past need to RAZ on Chris Lyn our fearless leader:eek: to hang around long enough on Wednesday and join us this year. For those who have not been to the boil it is open to any onebeeer minimum donation of $5 no maximum:D. All money after expenses go to next years boil. I had $200 from last year and that goes to buy the shrimp. See Y'all in Vernal!!

Chris

I dont usually make the NAFA meets, and dont usually pay attention to the goings on there, but this really caught my attention. What a fun traditional party!

Sadly, I dont enjoy eating bugs much. Ironically I like the few I have eaten from land better than the ones everyone raves about from the water.

Even more sadly, my wife who really loves eating seafood wont be in Vernal until Wednesday evening and will miss this. Maybe I'll have to try some for her.

COMEAUX
11-11-2011, 12:35 PM
I dont usually make the NAFA meets, and dont usually pay attention to the goings on there, but this really caught my attention. What a fun traditional party!

Sadly, I dont enjoy eating bugs much. Ironically I like the few I have eaten from land better than the ones everyone raves about from the water.

Even more sadly, my wife who really loves eating seafood wont be in Vernal until Wednesday evening and will miss this. Maybe I'll have to try some for her.

Geoff, all ya have to do is make up a container for your wife to eat when she gets in!

ukroper
11-11-2011, 12:50 PM
Sadly, I dont enjoy eating bugs much. .[/QUOTE]

Its worth it for the corn and Zummos linkspeaceealone!! (just ask Miller:D).....give yourself a treatclappclapp

COMEAUX
11-11-2011, 02:33 PM
Had the food fair today for us poor folk and they had 10 pound bags of small red potatoes,told me that they had plenty, did I want more:eek: So 20 pounds of taters for the pot:D Gonna have to start cooking earlier this year Gazbeeer

Ron Clarke
11-11-2011, 03:22 PM
As NAFA Quality Control, all such items MUST come thru my "office"!!;) Ten Dram samples must betaken for multiple quality assurance;). and them there's the shelf life tests, and the ......... Make sure ya wear the brick suit!!

Happy to have your able assistance in the Quality Assurance sector. I know it's a sacrifice, and am grateful for your willingness to take one for the team. Or two. Or eight.

I'll bring the bricks...

Ron Clarke
11-11-2011, 03:25 PM
Glad to report that a member that lives in Vernal reserved a box of fresh corn to put into the potthumbsupp Thanks Rexbeeer. Ron,STOUT I think of the WHO'S album Quadrophenia haill the song sea and sand "they finally thru me out...my mom got drunk on stout" I saw a bottle some where and had to try it:eek: man was it strong!

Chris

haillQuadrophenia!haill

For many years, I've had a photo of Pete Townshend on my desk -- classic mid-air, mid-windmill, screaming guitar shot -- with the legend below, "WWPTD?"

Hmmmmmm... ...maybe I should bring some Alaskan Smoked Porter, too?

Ron Clarke
11-11-2011, 03:26 PM

Deal! Looking forward to seeing you.

goshawkr
11-11-2011, 03:36 PM
Sadly, I dont enjoy eating bugs much. .

Its worth it for the corn and Zummos linkspeaceealone!! (just ask Miller:D).....give yourself a treatclappclapp[/QUOTE]

Oh, now fresh utah grown corn - THAT I would give just about anything for.

Some of my fondest memories are of enjoying summer evenings on my grandfathers porch in Vernal munchin on corn that was harvested just a few moments before it was cooked....chased down by watermellon that was plucked from its mothers embrace just a few minutes before I sank my tetth into it.

COMEAUX
11-11-2011, 04:05 PM
haillQuadrophenia!haill

For many years, I've had a photo of Pete Townshend on my desk -- classic mid-air, mid-windmill, screaming guitar shot -- with the legend below, "WWPTD?"

Hmmmmmm... ...maybe I should bring some Alaskan Smoked Porter, too?

Ron, I think we need to crank up Quadrophenia while we eat shrimp and drink beerpeacee are ya in?

ukroper
11-11-2011, 04:20 PM
...PEOPLE TRY TO PUT US DOWN...JUST BECAUSE WE GET AROUND..
...THINGS THEY DO LOOK AWFUL C.C.C.COLD...
HOPE I DIE BEFORE I GET OLD.....

Know what im talk'in about?...y'all...:D

ukroper
11-11-2011, 04:21 PM
p.s.
Whos the ''ace'' face brother???????????????????????;)confusedd

COMEAUX
11-11-2011, 04:37 PM
p.s.
Whos the ''ace'' face brother???????????????????????;)confusedd

He's the one with the Stttttuuuudder toungeout

Ron Clarke
11-11-2011, 04:41 PM
Ron, I think we need to crank up Quadrophenia while we eat shrimp and drink beerpeacee are ya in?
I am so there. Beer, reign o'er me!!!

COMEAUX
11-11-2011, 04:47 PM
I am so there. Beer, reign o'er me!!!

Yeah Baby! uppers and downers...either way blood flows ;)

ukroper
11-11-2011, 04:51 PM
http://youtu.be/zlUlFvkQL0k

the best they did...forclapp Chris...

COMEAUX
11-11-2011, 05:18 PM
clappclappclappclappclapphaill

Ron Clarke
11-12-2011, 04:07 PM
http://youtu.be/zlUlFvkQL0k

the best they did...forclapp Chris...

I'll see that... ...and raise you one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DYgEcE67_0&feature=player_detailpage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTUG49Uj-s0

COMEAUX
11-13-2011, 06:34 AM
clappclappclapp RIP Keith,John...LONG LIVE ROCK!!!!!!

CowBoy Dan
11-14-2011, 12:39 PM
cant bealive i cant make it this year..last year was awsome! and the beer was superb!clapp

Tasha55403
11-14-2011, 01:21 PM
cant bealive i cant make it this year..last year was awsome! and the beer was superb!clapp
We're definitely going to miss you! But there's always next year, at least...though Kearney isn't nearly as scenic as Vernal the walking is much easier, at least, lol :)

Yeomanfalconer
11-16-2011, 01:08 PM
Jesh, and I used to drive to Colorado in the sixties to get Coors and Prairie Falcons.
Just to be clear, I never took a Colorado Prairie Falcon, looked a lot, learned a lot. The Coors never made it back to Florida.

COMEAUX
11-16-2011, 08:29 PM
Picked up 84 pounds of 22-25 count shrimp today and heading out in a couple of hours.It was to hot to leave today 80:eek:,north wind is blowing now and cooling off. See every one in a couple of days beeer

Chris

Lowachi
11-16-2011, 09:20 PM
Picked up 84 pounds of 22-25 count shrimp today and heading out in a couple of hours.It was to hot to leave today 80:eek:,north wind is blowing now and cooling off. See every one in a couple of days beeer

Chris

See ya come Saturday, weather permittingamennn

michaelberan
11-24-2011, 01:30 AM
The Shrimp was awesome McAwesome!

Lowachi
11-24-2011, 08:37 PM
Fan-fricken-tastic!! Every year is better.

mainefalconer
11-25-2011, 10:24 AM
Thanks again Chris!!!

Paul Mascuch
11-27-2011, 12:24 PM
Chris -

Thanks for doing the shrimp boil! It was a great feed with good company. I'm already looking forward to next year.

Paul

idbirdman
11-27-2011, 01:34 PM
Chris,
It was awesome. It was easily the best part of the entire meet. Well done.
Stephen

COMEAUX
11-28-2011, 08:43 AM
Thanks for the complements everyone,I really enjoy doing it (even if it is a pain in the rear keeping the shrimp for a week) Glad every one had a good timebeeer I have to give credit to my crew Mike,Manny,Gaz and Guy they were a great help.haillTHANKS GUYS!!!! We had 84 pounds of shrimp 30 pounds or 180 sausage 48 ears of corn halved 20 pounds of red tatars and 5 tubs of mushrooms ALL Consumed :eek: I gave 3 plates away 2 to maids and 1 to a farmer that took us to a awesome duck spot. The first day he had his 3 kids the next day he had his wife brothers and mom too, very nice man. He told me he did not eat much shrimp in Utah,but they were the best he ever had.Like Rich said it get bigger and better every year,this year was #6 I can't remember how many sausage I brought the first year but I always make a note to bring more for the next. I think I will bring 8 packs (40 pounds) next year:D See ya in Kearney!!

Chris

Saluqi
11-28-2011, 09:40 AM
Chris thanks for packing all that food across the Rockies, that's a major feat! Thanks to you and your team for putting this on, it was the social highlight of the entire meet, thank God the weather was nice! Can't wait for Nebraska!!

STait
11-28-2011, 09:43 AM
Chris, thanks for all of it. The shrimp was great, but so was the sausage. I hope I can make it to Nebraska for the next one.

Best,

Steve

Heatherg
11-28-2011, 10:36 AM
Chris....as always it was sooooo much fun, and the food...well you known....nothing better :) Thank you for making the effort year after year...and giving us just a little taste of that great gulf coast food!!! Cant wait for NE....maybe I will see ya in TX in Jan... :)

COMEAUX
12-04-2011, 06:48 AM
i1129 I'm trying to add photos not sure if I got it right,if I did more to come:eek:

COMEAUX
12-04-2011, 06:58 AM
i1129 I'm trying to add photos not sure if I got it right,if I did more to come:eek:

that did not work if some one wants to post them I'll email them to you I've had it with this set up.frus)

Chris

COMEAUX
12-04-2011, 07:09 AM
Maybe this one will work
confusedd
http://i1129

Lowachi
12-04-2011, 08:39 AM
Maybe this one will work
confusedd
http://i1129

Send ta Mario or Jeff.

frootdog
12-04-2011, 03:43 PM
I have a lot of pics of the shrimp boil but have to wait for my camera to come home. It was left behind in CO with the broke down truck.

Eagle Owl
12-04-2011, 05:29 PM
Here are the pictures that Chris wanted posted.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k6/brandi7777/Falconry/NAFEX/IMG_0025.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k6/brandi7777/Falconry/NAFEX/IMG_0030.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k6/brandi7777/Falconry/NAFEX/IMG_0035.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k6/brandi7777/Falconry/NAFEX/IMG_0041.jpg