PDA

View Full Version : Frequency's

fehgan101
11-14-2011, 07:27 AM
Can anybody explain to me the benefits of 216 over 433 and vice versa. I'm after getting a new reciever and theres a mixture of the two here. Any advice would be appreciated.

rkumetz
11-14-2011, 09:53 AM
To offer any advice on which band of frequencies would offer more advantages there are a few things we need to know:

1. Where are you? (aka are both bands legal where you are)
2. What sort of bird are you flying and what sort of quarry?
3. What is the terrain (open country, forested, etc)
4. Do you already have any equipment and on what band?
5. Do your hawking buddies or relatively local falconers have equipment and on which bands?

There are probably more questions but that will get us started.

fehgan101
11-14-2011, 12:42 PM
To offer any advice on which band of frequencies would offer more advantages there are a few things we need to know:

5. Do your hawking buddies or relatively local falconers have equipment and on which bands?

1. I'm in South Africa and both bands are legal. Most people currently have 216 but three of us that fly together regularly are all upgrading from the previous Marshall reciever. A few guys from up "North" have moved to 433.

2. I fly a musket Black Spar but will also fly Lanners and Peregrines in the future. I fly quail and spurfowl - patridge and a variety of larks. The Falcon guys also fly patridge and duck.

3. The country side varies greatly but most is open countryside.

4/5. Answered in 1 but again 216 but all upgrading in December.

I really would like to know whether one offers better range in certain conditiond etc. Or is it a matter of 216 being better in "closed" country and 433 being better in open country. I dont have any idea of the benefits of one over the other. 216 has always just been the frequency used in South Africa but as a number of us are about to change we might as well do the research now. 3 people sounds a little but where I live there's only about 10 active falconers in our whole " state"!!

fehgan101
11-15-2011, 11:35 AM

1. I'm in KZN , South Africa and both bands are legal.
2. I currently fly a Musket Blackspar and the other two guys fly passage African Peregrines.
3. The terrain is mainly open , although pylons are fairly common place.
4. I currently have the previous Marshall reciever (216) and I'm looking to upgrade to the latest model, as are my two mates

As it's time to upgrade we are just looking into the benefits of each of these bands and I'm wondering what terrain or species being flown suits each frequency. Or is it just a case of whats legal in your area.