PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Freienmuth Award(s)

Saluqi
11-29-2011, 04:56 PM
************Congratulations to Rich Borquist and Tom Cade on receiving the Freienmuth Award; NAFA's Highest honor. The nomination for Rich was made by Central Director Pickens and myself, the nomination for Tom Cade was made by Mountain Director Domski. The board voted unanimously to give this service award to these two men. Tom and Rich each in their own way have served NAFA and birds of prey faithfully for many years and were most worthy of this recognition. Join me in letting them know you agree.************

I cut and pasted this from Great Lakes Director Dianne Moller's email to her directorate. For the first time in NAFA history two people were recognized for their selfless contributions to NAFA and raptors. Thank you gentleman, it's an honor to be a fellow falconer and NAFA member.

Heatherg
11-29-2011, 05:04 PM
WAY TO GO RICH!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats!!! You deserve this!!!!

Dirthawking
11-29-2011, 06:25 PM
Way to go on the award! You both deserve it very much. Rich Rich Rich.....what can I say brother? The look on your face was priceless and will always be remembered!!!

sakerjack
11-29-2011, 06:27 PM
************Congratulations to Rich Borquist and Tom Cade on receiving the Freienmuth Award; NAFA's Highest honor. The nomination for Rich was made by Central Director Pickens and myself, the nomination for Tom Cade was made by Mountain Director Domski. The board voted unanimously to give this service award to these two men. Tom and Rich each in their own way have served NAFA and birds of prey faithfully for many years and were most worthy of this recognition. Join me in letting them know you agree.************

I cut and pasted this from Great Lakes Director Dianne Moller's email to her directorate. For the first time in NAFA history two people were recognized for their selfless contributions to NAFA and raptors. Thank you gentleman, it's an honor to be a fellow falconer and NAFA member.

HOLY COW RICH,,, good for you and of course Tom,, We shall share some Jack in Kearney, cause I'm a comin!!

mainefalconer
11-29-2011, 08:03 PM
Two absolutely fantastic and deserving candidates. How could we NOT have voted unanimously?!

clapp

FredFogg
11-29-2011, 08:10 PM
Congrats to both of you! A honor well deserved! clapp

Rich, now if you could just get those wanna be weathering yard folks to stop bugging you when you are doing your work!!!! LOL :eek: :D

See ya in Kearney!!!!!!!

ericedw
11-29-2011, 08:45 PM
Wish I could have been there, congrats to both and thank you.

Eagle Owl
11-29-2011, 10:29 PM
Rich, congrats again! You certainly deserve it!!!!!

Lowachi
11-29-2011, 10:58 PM
I'm sure there's quite a few shots of the "What did he just say?" look on my face. It's still there. Still saying "uhh," a lot.. (I'm having a heck of a time just writing this - can't form the words). Still sinking in. Ed and especially Charlotte meant alot to me, and it adds to the honor even more. Doesn't mean I'll cut my hair like she always wanted, but I will do my best to honor their memory and the spirit of the Award. Thanks everyone. I appreciate it more than you can possibly know.

michaelberan
11-29-2011, 11:02 PM
It was a very hard secret to keep for so many weeks!

Congratulations Rich, you have been a solid anchor for so many of us running around at the meets each year, I've always felt safe leaving my birds in your care!

Lowachi
11-29-2011, 11:16 PM
It was a very hard secret to keep for so many weeks!

Congratulations Rich, you have been a solid anchor for so many of us running around at the meets each year, I've always felt safe leaving my birds in your care!
Thanks, Michael. We all get by with a lil help from our friends. ..specially Texas friends....a certain 3 of ya in particular!

wyodjm
11-29-2011, 11:58 PM
Congratulations Rich.

All my best to you.

Dan

frootdog
11-30-2011, 03:47 AM
Congrats Rich! Proud to know you and happy for you to have won such an award.clapp Here's to Kearney!beeer

Saluqi
11-30-2011, 09:48 AM
I failed to mention that my nominating Tom Cade was the idea of Dennis Grisco. Dennis asked me if there was any way that NAFA could honor Tom and his contributions to falconry and raptor conservation and I asked president Dickerson who suggested that I nominate Dr. Cade for the award. Dr. Cade was not at the NAFA meet to accept the award, so it will be presented at the Archives of Falconry Rendezvous in March.

STait
11-30-2011, 10:34 AM
Congrats to both of you, and thank you for your service.

black42
11-30-2011, 10:51 AM
Congrats Rich!!!!

Lowachi
11-30-2011, 12:14 PM
I failed to mention that my nominating Tom Cade was the idea of Dennis Grisco. Dennis asked me if there was any way that NAFA could honor Tom and his contributions to falconry and raptor conservation and I asked president Dickerson who suggested that I nominate Dr. Cade for the award. Dr. Cade was not at the NAFA meet to accept the award, so it will be presented at the Archives of Falconry Rendezvous in March.

All the more reason to go in March, but allow me to extend my congratulations to Dr. Cade for his many contributions, in case I can't attend.
I find myself even more humbled by the company I've been added to.

Paul Mascuch
11-30-2011, 08:34 PM
Congratulations Rich! You deserve it.

Paul

Pedioecetes
11-30-2011, 10:42 PM
Congrats Rich---no question this is overdue!

Eragon
12-01-2011, 12:58 AM
RICH! Congratulations! Wish I could have been there! I'll see you next year or if you come to Boise in March.

Congratulations to Tom Cade too. He's a great guy and deserves it.