PDA

View Full Version : Hello from England

Sue Evans
11-29-2011, 05:53 PM
Hi

My name is Sue and I live in England.

I have just returned home from the NAFA meet in Utah, where I had a great time and met many wonderful people and saw some fantastic hawking.

I have a cast of Harris that I hunt with.
I also have a female Harris that I recovered from the wild, that still needs a lot of work done with her.
I have a female redtail, that is a semi rescue hawk, and which I hope to be hunting with very soon.

I am looking forward to this forum, and hope to not only gain from your experiences, but to be able to offer help if I can.

Thanks

Heatherg
11-29-2011, 05:56 PM
WELCOME!!!! Sue :)
so glad to have been able to see you!!! I hope you had a great time....looking forward to the next trip!! :)

Sue Evans
11-29-2011, 05:59 PM
WELCOME!!!! Sue :)
so glad to have been able to see you!!! I hope you had a great time....looking forward to the next trip!! :)

Thanks Heather.
Already planning next trip! I've told my son to get saving - I think he'd really enjoy himself, and wants to see the scenery, and meet the peeps that I keep telling him about! :D

CJT
11-29-2011, 06:21 PM
Hello, Sue, im also new on here and from England also, some very impressive threads on here, welcome and enjoy, where abouts in england are you....atb Col

Sue Evans
11-29-2011, 06:26 PM
Hello, Sue, im also new on here and from England also, some very impressive threads on here, welcome and enjoy, where abouts in england are you....atb Col

Gloucestershire.

Thanks for your welcome.

I am hoping to tie in with some of the great people I have had the pleasure of meeting, not just at this last NAFA but the other two I have been to in Alamosa and Amarillo.

atb
Sue

Jimmy
11-29-2011, 06:33 PM
Would this happen to be the same Sue that came to Amarillo with Adrian?

Sue Evans
11-29-2011, 06:54 PM
Would this happen to be the same Sue that came to Amarillo with Adrian?
The very same Jimmy!
How are you and the family, and where were you last week!

Jimmy
11-29-2011, 07:11 PM
Nice to "see" ya again, Sue!
We're all doing good. Hope the same can be said for you and yours.
Amarillo was the last nafa meet I'll ever attend. And Vernal is too damn far from me anyways. I was in Kansas the week before though. You should have flew over early ;-)

Sue Evans
11-29-2011, 07:18 PM
Amarillo was the last nafa meet I'll ever attend. And Vernal is too damn far from me anyways. I was in Kansas the week before though. You should have flew over early ;-)

Now that I am on here, and catching up with people, I'll stay in touch for when I next come over.

Why no more Nafa?

Off here soon, as jet lag just catching up with me.:)

ukroper
11-29-2011, 08:33 PM
...There goes the 'hood.....:eek:(welc)..
Will Mrs.Doubtfire be joining us..:Ddohhmooon

Eagle Owl
11-29-2011, 10:26 PM
Welcome Sue!!! It was great seeing you again! And thank you for the calendar, it has a lot of great pictures. Look forward to seeing you again in Nebraska!!!!!

sharptail
11-30-2011, 12:01 AM
Amarillo was the last nafa meet I'll ever attend. And Vernal is too damn far from me anyways. I was in Kansas the week before though. You should have flew over early ;-)Jimmy, were you at the AFC meet in El Dorado? If so, how was it? Did you get the jumps that you were looking for?

Jimmy
11-30-2011, 01:40 PM
Nope, the wife and I just went by ourselves, Jeff. Didn't go to the meet. Had a great time but had to cut the trip 5 days short due to an issue with a bird we left at home.

Lowachi
11-30-2011, 01:47 PM
Welcome aboard Sue!! Was Good to see you again.

rrfd84
11-30-2011, 02:04 PM
Hello Everyone, My name is Brian and I live in Avon, NY. Looking forward to getting my license hopefully in the next 6 months or so, and getting my mew built. Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving and has a safe and Merry Christmas. Take care...........Brian

frootdog
11-30-2011, 02:33 PM
Welcome aboard Sue. It was nice to see you again in UT.(welc)

Barbara Royle
11-30-2011, 04:34 PM
Hi Guys,

I had a really great time in Utah! Collected all my birds today and managed to get out with my male Harris for an hour. Going hunting on Sunday.
Hi Suze. Just about getting over the journey on Sunday/Monday. Stayed up for over 30 hours :(

Sue Evans
11-30-2011, 04:54 PM

LOL

Sue Evans
11-30-2011, 04:55 PM
Welcome aboard Sue!! Was Good to see you again.
Thanks Rich. It was great catching up with old friends

Sue Evans
11-30-2011, 04:56 PM
Welcome aboard Sue. It was nice to see you again in UT.(welc)
Thanks Krys

Tyack
11-30-2011, 05:17 PM
Hiya Sue, Welcome to a better class of forum....

Tyack
11-30-2011, 05:18 PM
YEP!!!:D

Tyack
11-30-2011, 05:21 PM
Hi Mrs Dou...I mean Barbara....

frootdog
11-30-2011, 05:39 PM
Hiya Sue, Welcome to a better class of forum....
amennn to that!

ukroper
11-30-2011, 05:40 PM
:D:D:D:D

Sue Evans
11-30-2011, 06:02 PM
Krys, Gary, Guy

Thanks a lot. I already feel this is going to be a far, far better experience than that UK forum.:D

Greg
11-30-2011, 08:02 PM
Hi Guys,

I had a really great time in Utah! Collected all my birds today and managed to get out with my male Harris for an hour. Going hunting on Sunday.
Hi Suze. Just about getting over the journey on Sunday/Monday. Stayed up for over 30 hours :(

Hey Barbara good to see you on here! I didn't know you were going to the meet!
Greg

ptotten
12-01-2011, 04:40 PM
Welcome Sue!
Wow that's quite a list of birds you have! Bet they keep you busy! Looking forward to posting with ya! Nice to have another girl aboard (there are quite a few here). (welc)

Heatherg
12-01-2011, 04:48 PM
Great to see you both on here!!! Welcome Barbara!!!

Barbara Royle
12-01-2011, 05:06 PM
Hi Greg,

It was great. I'm sorry I didn't see you there! Maybe next time. xx

gyrsaker
12-01-2011, 05:42 PM
i am also from england, and am enjoying some of the longwing reads and pictures.

i am currently flying this years female peregrine (gamehawking)

ptotten
12-02-2011, 11:38 AM
Welcome Gyrsaker!

Barbara Royle
12-02-2011, 02:27 PM
Great to see you both on here!!! Welcome Barbara!!!

Thanks Heather.
Just gone back to work today. Got 221 emails to go through! confusedd

Barbara Royle
12-02-2011, 02:28 PM
Hi Mrs Dou...I mean Barbara....

toungeout lol

Sue Evans
12-02-2011, 02:55 PM
Welcome Sue!!! It was great seeing you again! And thank you for the calendar, it has a lot of great pictures. Look forward to seeing you again in Nebraska!!!!!
Hi Brandi. Yeh it was great seeing you and Mario, and all the other guys.
Hope to see you in Nebraska!

Sue Evans
12-02-2011, 02:58 PM
i am also from england, and am enjoying some of the longwing reads and pictures.

i am currently flying this years female peregrine (gamehawking)

Hi. Are you Scott?

If yes, did you get info on Abu Dhabi yet. I passed your details on and someone should be ringing you.

atb
Sue

Sue Evans
12-02-2011, 03:02 PM
Welcome Sue!
Wow that's quite a list of birds you have! Bet they keep you busy! Looking forward to posting with ya! Nice to have another girl aboard (there are quite a few here). (welc)

Thanks for welcome. Yes, they keep me busy, but I do lamp with two of them. Also, I am massively reducing my hours at work in February so will have stacks more time with them.

I have met some great girls at the different NAFA meets I have been to, and look forward to meeting more.

Sue

jfseaman
12-03-2011, 09:43 AM
Hi

My name is Sue and I live in England.

I have just returned home from the NAFA meet in Utah, where I had a great time and met many wonderful people and saw some fantastic hawking.

I have a cast of Harris that I hunt with.
I also have a female Harris that I recovered from the wild, that still needs a lot of work done with her.
I have a female redtail, that is a semi rescue hawk, and which I hope to be hunting with very soon.

I am looking forward to this forum, and hope to not only gain from your experiences, but to be able to offer help if I can.

Thanks
Hi Sue,

Sorry I missed you at NAFA. Kevin said you were there.

Thank you for recovering the HH.

Good luck with your hawking season.

Sue Evans
12-03-2011, 01:15 PM
Hi Sue,

Sorry I missed you at NAFA. Kevin said you were there.

Thank you for recovering the HH.

Good luck with your hawking season.

Thanks Fred.

Sorry to have missed you.

I did have a cracking couple of days in Wyoming on Sage Grouse. Consider myself very lucky to have stayed overnight at House of Grouse, Steve being a very gracious host indeed.

Nebraska with luck!

Sue