PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Mississippi

Falco601
12-17-2011, 12:46 PM
Hello my name is Carson Kitaif and I'm from Tylertown, Mississippi. I am interested in becoming a falconer but I want to visit somebody first to see what to do and some tips on getting started.

Keith Denman
12-17-2011, 01:17 PM
Hi Carson
Welcome to NAFEX, you will find a lot of nice people and great information on here. You should see if your state has a falconry club and if they do if they have an apprenticeship committee. They should be able to tell you what the regs are in your state and put you into contact with other falconers in your area that you may be able to go out and see what it is all about. Good luck

Falco601
12-17-2011, 01:44 PM
Thanks for the info but there isn't really one Im going to try and find a falconer that will get me goin in the right track. I have to ask you could give me some recommended books that I might need to read to get started.

Joby
12-17-2011, 04:03 PM
Hi Carson, welcome to NAFEX. Please be certain to sign your name on all of your posts, its one of the only rules we have around here. You might want to do a search on the site for the book list, as it's been discussed numerous times. Also, I punched in Mississippi Falconry club into google and found this info pretty quickly:

Mississippi - Mississippi Falconers Assn - 10229 RD 308, Pass Christian, MS 39571
Central Mississippi Hawking Club http://www.cmshc.net/

You might want to contact them or your DNR folks for a falconry packet.

Falco601
12-17-2011, 05:36 PM
Thank you I apprecite it.

Thanks,
Carson Kitaif