PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Longbow and Cash

longbow
01-02-2007, 08:29 PM
Well hello everyone. I'm Dustin McCoy and I am a first year apprentice flying a Tiercel Passage Red-Tailed Hawk named Cash. He a great bird and he's doing his best to teach me so what more could you ask for? I'm in Central Texas USA and a member of the Texas Hawking Association. Just wanted to drop by and say Howdy!! to all.

`Chris L.
01-02-2007, 10:08 PM
Dustin,
Welcome to the forums. I think there is a picture of cash free flying on here. How is he doing. Have you had a chance to fly him on some game yet?

You all are having a falconry meet soon right? I hope it turns out well for you all.

How is being an apprentice, is falconry what you thought it would be? I hope you have a great season and keep up the hard work

please dont hesitate to post questions, I know your sponsor has the final word but it is always nice to hear what others think..

good luck and welcome to the addiction known as falconry, we all have it.. its hard to shake it [smilie=icon_hang.gif]

Gerald
01-03-2007, 07:03 AM
Welcome to the forum Dustin and good hunting season with Cash.

GĂ©rald

Bobby Parrott
01-03-2007, 08:56 AM
welcome Dustin. Cash is a nice looking bird. Lots of game in TX, I wish I had been into falconry when I lived there, years ago.

Bobby

wesleyc6
01-03-2007, 11:27 AM
My friend called me last night from TEX talking about all the game near El Paso. I was SO jealous! [smilie=BangHead.gif]

`Chris L.
01-03-2007, 10:15 PM
I am really thinking of moving to Texas.. I would love to buy a ranch there and run a hunting lodge..Oh how sweet it would be [smilie=eusa_pray.gif]

wesleyc6
01-05-2007, 10:53 AM
We can convoy the UHauls out there [smilie=banana.gif]

`Chris L.
01-05-2007, 08:55 PM
We can convoy the UHauls out there [smilie=banana.gif]

lets go man.. Jen wants to go bad... [smilie=icon_pidu.gif]

wilded
01-05-2007, 09:55 PM
I know an old rancher, guide and wildlife biologist that would work for you if you got a good place. [smilie=icon_pray.gif]

`Chris L.
01-06-2007, 10:43 AM
I know an old rancher, guide and wildlife biologist that would work for you if you got a good place. [smilie=icon_pray.gif] I will keep that in mind for sure... is he in Tx. I will be moving out of Sc. one day but I dont know what state is the best. I want a nice sized ranch that I can hawk and hunt..and maybe run a hunting guid service out of.. who knows what the future will bring

wilded
01-06-2007, 01:02 PM
right in the Hill Country of Texas. :)

longbow
01-06-2007, 04:08 PM
Ol' Wilded sneakin in a little hint? Could not find a better all round know it all.

Cash is doing great. His first non-baggy game kill was a little bity rabbit with no brains and less speed. His second slip was a 60 yard chase that ended up with a happy rabbit and a mad hawk. The bunny slipped into the thick cedars before Cash could close the gap and Cash hit the ground running. Goofy looking to watch a hawk run but he was determined.

I found a really nice hawking stick to poke around in the old brush piles that helps alot. Expensive but well worth it. CASE Backhoe LOL

Well everyone I promise to get pics soon. I made a small backpack to hold my camera. Not only am I a birds feeder, keeper, landing post, taxi, tailor, I am also his pack mule. Every time he is on a kill I want pictures, but everytime I load up to go hunting I want as little as possible.

EVERYONE : As of yesterday, there is no more hawkable game left in Texas so stay where you are. Greedy, Ain't I ?

`Chris L.
01-10-2007, 10:10 AM
Dustin,
How is long bow doing.. you takn any game yet.. let see some pics man [smilie=dontknow.gif]

hope your doing great.. let us know how he is doing

have a great day

Lee Slikkers
01-10-2007, 11:52 AM
Welcome Dustin, enjoy the ride....it only gets better & better!!! [smilie=banana.gif]

Lee