PDA

View Full Version : hello from Scotland

ScotsFalconry
01-03-2007, 02:08 PM
hello all,
Thought i would post an introduction. well i come from Scotland. Used to fly a male lanner falcon who unfortunately was found dead on christmas eve after flying off a couple of days before. The police are suspecting poisoning. Currently work at a bird of prey center at Blair Drumond Safari Park in Scotland. Great fun bar the weather. lol

wesleyc6
01-03-2007, 02:25 PM
Glad to have you here Scotsfalconry!

`Chris L.
01-03-2007, 10:13 PM
Hello and Welcome to the forum. I am sorry to hear about your bird. Why do you think it was poisoned?

It is nice to see others form around the world here. I look forward to reading your posts. PLease keep us informed on what the out come of your lanner is.

good luck and happy hawking

Bobby Parrott
01-04-2007, 08:59 AM
Welcome Scots,

Sorry to hear about your bird.

Bobby

ScotsFalconry
01-04-2007, 12:08 PM
thanks guys. i joined here cause im interested to learn how other falconers around the world train their birds and the way they have learned. I was taught by a begian woman who learned throught her belgian apprentiship. i would love to do an apprenticship just they dont do them over here. I have flown falcons, eagles, buzzards, vultures, owls and hawks for the past 6 year and absolutely love it. Im here also if anyone has any question feel to fire away.

Graeme

Jimmy
01-04-2007, 12:44 PM
I aspire to fly an eagle one day. I'd love to hear about your eagle experience.

Bobby Parrott
01-04-2007, 01:50 PM
I have been bit by the eagle bug too, Jimmy. one day.....

wesleyc6
01-05-2007, 10:56 AM
Jimmy,
You must want to move to if you want to fly an eagle. [smilie=BangHead.gif]

Jimmy
01-05-2007, 01:25 PM
Eventually, yes. Not much to fly an eagle on around here, except maybe geese. I'd move tomorrow if it wasn't for my wife's job. She's been there too long, and has too much invested that she'd lose, if she were to leave. When she can retire, we're headed west......

wesleyc6
01-05-2007, 05:45 PM
Hey Jimmy,
Well we can all start a falconer's commune out there with all the people on here who are hoping to go West. [smilie=banana.gif]

Zach, from Fla, should be getting back from the El Paso region and he said it was awesome. The Army sent me there once by accident and I stayed in the mountain valley for 3 days. ONe of the prettiest places I have ever seen! Zach said it was game rich too when he called with an update.

Jimmy
01-05-2007, 06:25 PM
Didn't know you were a serviceman.............

wesleyc6
01-06-2007, 12:08 AM
Can't tell you all my secrets. LOL. I was only active duty for Basic and AIT. I was a Field Artillery Surveyor. I got out after 6 years in the guard. I loved basic and schooling, but I really didn't care for the guard. Now it is serious, I am sure, but back then, not a lot going on to be honest. 3 weeks in the desert in CAL was serious. If I could turn back time, I would have done active duty. It suited me pretty well.

`Chris L.
01-06-2007, 10:40 AM
If I could turn back time, I would have done active duty. It suited me pretty well.

I was active duty in the Army for 5 years and agree with you Wes, I enjoyed every min of it and would do it over again many times. I would not be where I am today if I had not joined the Army. It really grew me up quick and made me a better person for sure..

everetkhorton
01-06-2007, 12:00 PM
Wes: Now I know why you hunt rabbits, you got to close the the gun bunnies while in the survice. [smilie=eusa_clap.gif] I was a RA and a gun bunnie also. Servied in Germany for 2 years,6months and 28 day. Looking back it was a good time [smilie=banana.gif] But then [smilie=BangHead.gif]
Ev, Michigan