PDA

View Full Version : Second hand equipment (part 2)

bladerunner
02-18-2012, 08:26 AM
Greetings all. My name is Steven Van Rensburg and I am a South African falconer based in Nelspruit, Mpumalanga Province. I am a teacher by trade and run a small falconry club at the school where I teach. It is the only active school falconry club in South Africa and one of three in Southern Africa, the other two being Falcon College and Peter House in Zimbabwe. We are always on the lookout for falconry equipment (hens teeth in our area) and would therefore like to know if any of you guys have any second hand equipment which you might be wanting to toss out or would possibly consider passing onto us? We have in the past had David Maritz, a falconer from Washington State (I think) and Robert Trujillo help us out with equipment and books. I have 3 active falconers at the moment (all are flying African Goshawks) and 5 apprentices.

Our school club celebrates it's 12th birthday this year. We have had some fine falconers come through the ranks and some have flown fantastic birds. We have also had a few of our past school falconers (old boys) qualify for vets school and some even working for centres in South Africa and abroad.