PDA

View Full Version : Chat?

grimmy440
02-29-2012, 12:19 AM
I can't figure out how to chat. and hitting the enter button as fast and as hard as possible is NOT the answer, in case you were wondering ;)

Justin Grimshaw

Dirthawking
02-29-2012, 01:36 AM
You need to be a supporting member to use chat.

grimmy440
02-29-2012, 03:15 PM
So I have to donate?

Justin Grimshaw

frootdog
02-29-2012, 07:05 PM
So I have to donate?

Justin Grimshaw

Yes;)

grimmy440
02-29-2012, 08:39 PM
clever!! keeps the $ coming in. I'd pay it, but i need Roo hide more than I need to chat...

Justin Grimshaw

Crusinberry
03-15-2012, 01:51 PM
...do you need to donate to become a Supporting Member?
I just wasted $40 on a CHC membership, so I am open to making more worthwhile investments in what should become my favorite thing to do.

FredFogg
03-15-2012, 02:47 PM

See post 3 & 4!

sharptail
03-15-2012, 02:57 PM
I just wasted $40 on a CHC membership, so I am open to making more worthwhile investments in what should become my favorite thing to do.Wasted?? Without the CHC will Calif. even have falconry in a couple of years? Why do you think it is wasted?

Lowachi
03-15-2012, 02:57 PM
I just wasted $40 on a CHC membership, so I am open to making more worthwhile investments in what should become my favorite thing to do.

supporting the state club is rarely a waste, however, if ya hit the green "donate" in the 2nd blue bar at the top of the screen, you may pick whatever amount you're comfortable with...

Crusinberry
03-15-2012, 03:29 PM
My mistake. It was an overreaction to how long it took to reach someone there, and when I finally did, I didn't get the "news" I was hoping for. They are very committed to "face-to-face" meetings for a group that holds most of their events 11+ hours from where I live.

It did however, show me how much electronic information that I actually get from this site. I have visited several other sites and read and watched everything they had available, before noticing that nobody has posted there in more than a year. This site is a treasure and should be treated as such.

Lowachi
03-15-2012, 03:33 PM
...... This site is a treasure and should be treated as such.

most will agree with ya on that point.:D

Chris L.
03-15-2012, 09:54 PM
clever!! keeps the $ coming in. I'd pay it, but i need Roo hide more than I need to chat...

Justin Grimshaw

Justin,

If you are referring to the 5 dollars that it takes to be a supporting member: this will hardly keep the "money coming". There is no clever scheme for me to get rich. It hardly comes close to the money I spend on this site, the server and the 1000's of man hours I put into keeping the site functioning properly so members like yourself can have a great resource.

The only reason I make the chat like this is to give a perk back to those who want to donate their hard earned money to something they believe in. Not only do you get access to chat, your PM storage is increased. Again, this is not a scheme to make money, it is my way of saying thank you. It also helps to keep trolls off of the chat. I know if you are donating your money you will be less likely to cause problems. This equals less work for me and the moderators.

All of the money I get from the donations goes back to the site and to the Free Annual NAFEX dinner and raffle that goes on at the yearly NAFA meets. Therefore, your donation actually goes back to you and the NAFEX community.

I hope you enjoy NAFEX and what's contained within these pages. There are mountains of valuable information that many of the members have worked hard to make available for all. Thank you to everyone for keeping NAFEX a great community that we all can enjoy.

Kindest regards,
Chris Lynn

Joby
03-16-2012, 09:07 AM
Don't know why I was confused about the donation process, but I just donated to the site and it was EASY!! Great site and glad I could do a bit to keep it going.

Chris L.
03-16-2012, 09:19 AM
Don't know why I was confused about the donation process, but I just donated to the site and it was EASY!! Great site and glad I could do a bit to keep it going.

Joe

Thanks so much for the generous donation. It really helps a lot. If you need anything don't hesitate to let me know

Do you have any plans for any litters this year?

Thanks again

Chris

kimmerar
03-16-2012, 01:36 PM
This site is a treasure and should be treated as such.

I agree. I have learned so much from here. I've also met and chatted with so many great people, I can say are my friends, from NAFEX. One of the greatest things was seeing that I'm not the only weirdo that has a passion for micro hawking. The only group I knew thought I was nuts.

For that reason I help anyone when I can and try and add my thoughts when needed.

Thanks again for the site Chris!! Keep up the good work.

sharptail
03-16-2012, 04:11 PM
My mistake. It was an overreaction to how long it took to reach someone there, and when I finally did, I didn't get the "news" I was hoping for. They are very committed to "face-to-face" meetings for a group that holds most of their events 11+ hours from where I live.

It did however, show me how much electronic information that I actually get from this site. I have visited several other sites and read and watched everything they had available, before noticing that nobody has posted there in more than a year. This site is a treasure and should be treated as such.I am sorry to hear that you state club is not more newby responsive, I wish that this was the first time that I have heard a similar complaint from a CHC new member, but it is not.

Joby
03-16-2012, 07:25 PM
Joe

Thanks so much for the generous donation. It really helps a lot. If you need anything don't hesitate to let me know

Do you have any plans for any litters this year?

Thanks again

Chris

No, thank you for keeping this great forum going. Regarding pups, I'm currently waiting for my little bitch Suli to go into heat. I've got three potential studs lined up for her, so it's just a matter of time now. LOL

Chris L.
03-18-2012, 11:06 AM
No, thank you for keeping this great forum going. Regarding pups, I'm currently waiting for my little bitch Suli to go into heat. I've got three potential studs lined up for her, so it's just a matter of time now. LOL

Dang she is a lucky girl ... LOL (dog)

grimmy440
04-17-2012, 02:44 PM
I never meant any offense, I just thought it was a good way to pay some of the expenses. I know you are doing this purely out of love for the sport, and would never purposefully imply otherwise. I love the site, and thank all of you for being such a treasure trove of information.haill