PDA

View Full Version : Credit Card Sized Falconry Permit

wyodjm
03-31-2012, 10:57 PM
Wyoming just recently issued its resident falconers their new falconry permits. In addition to the paper copy, the state also issued a hard plastic, credit card sized permit to put in your wallet, with all of the same information as the paper copy.

It's pretty slick. I'd encourage others to ask their states to issue similar cards. I think it will be very convenient, especially when you're traveling out of state.

Keith Denman
03-31-2012, 11:01 PM
Hi Dan can you take some photos so we can it to our states and try to work out the samething?

Hawkmom
04-01-2012, 04:37 AM
I keep a binder in the car door side pocket with all of our permit copies (origs stay in master file at home). Health info for the birds, /bio (weight/species, special needs, etc.) for the birds, emergency contact info for humans. Plus a copy of the falconry directory. I've found it full of great info. If we are ever in an accident, information is readily available.

Keith Denman
04-01-2012, 08:13 AM
I carry a photo copy of mine in pouch that I carry on me when I am in the field with my hunting license and any other info.

Squirrelhawkin
04-01-2012, 08:33 AM
Connecticut has used them from day one. They're a great idea,fit right into your wallet.

joekoz
04-01-2012, 10:07 AM
I've been reducing mine down to credit card size and hunting license holder size on a color laser copier and laminating them in plastic for years. I do this with all of my licenses and permits.

Dirthawking
04-01-2012, 10:51 AM
Colorado used to do one years ago. Not anymore. I wish all states would go to them.

wyodjm
04-01-2012, 12:37 PM
Hi Dan can you take some photos so we can it to our states and try to work out the samething?

Hi Keith:

Sure, here is a photo of the Wyoming permit. I blanked out some of my personal information, but you get the idea. The permit is the exact same size as a standard credit card. It appears to be made out of the same type of plastic material also.

I've incluuded the front and back side of the card. Pleaae feel free to copy and use this if it will help with your state.

Best,

Front
http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu312/djm708/FalconryPermitFront.png

Back
http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu312/djm708/Sample2.png

oldguy
04-01-2012, 01:37 PM
Idaho still issues all permits on tissue paper printed with ink that fades if exposed to hawk farts. Will not fit in wallet no matter how you fold it.

Plastic would be great !

Keith Denman
04-01-2012, 01:52 PM
Thanks Dan I appreciate it.

Hi Keith:

Sure, here is a photo of the Wyoming permit. I blanked out some of my personal information, but you get the idea. The permit is the exact same size as a standard credit card. It appears to be made out of the same type of plastic material also.

I've incluuded the front and back side of the card. Pleaae feel free to copy and use this if it will help with your state.

Best,

Front
http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu312/djm708/FalconryPermitFront.png

Back
http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu312/djm708/Sample2.png

Saluqi
04-01-2012, 02:04 PM
NM has had a credit card sized permit for about 4 years now, it's printed on card stock that you can laminate if you so desire.

FredFogg
04-01-2012, 02:39 PM
NM has had a credit card sized permit for about 4 years now, it's printed on card stock that you can laminate if you so desire.

NC has done the same for the past 2 years. I laminate mine and keep it in my wallet and also keep a copy of it in my folder with all my 3-816A's. Now that they have fill in PDF files for 3-186A's, I always make one of those and save the file on my computer and back it up so I don't just have paper copies. With the new Online Federal filing of 3-186A's, we should hopefully have access to all the ones we fill online from now on. But that is to be seen, who knows what the feds will do with that database and how long information will be made available to us.

Sandie_Morehead
04-02-2012, 10:32 PM
Wish WA state would do the credit card plastic license. We have the printed card stock which I laminate to keep in my wallet.

I also have one of those plastic name badge sleeves on a clip, so I carry a copy of my driver's license, falconry license, and current hunting license in the badge sleeve, in the field.

I have another copy sheet of my licenses in a binder, as well as a copy of my 386-A form, accidental take form, and a "What is Falconry" print out brochure I made up, that includes pertinent info such as my state's wildlife office number, the contact person and her number and email address, and state statutes and laws regarding falconry, as well as my state's falconry club - mostly for the law enforcement who might not know what I'm doing and give me the third degree. I then can give them the brochure, point out the pertinent laws, and tell them they can contact the state's wildlife department if they have any further questions.

When I take SgianDubh to our local Highland Games, I have a brochure that gives historical info on falconry in Scotland that I can give out as well.