PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Ketchum, Idaho!

jrbowlder
04-26-2012, 10:42 AM
So I've always been interested in falconry.

Now that I live in a very falconry friendly state, and have recently visited the Birds of Prey Center...I'm hooked.

Not only me, but my fiance.

We are interested in getting to see some hunting in action, and hopefully learn a thing or two.

If there are any falconers around the Wood River Valley area, willing to show two people the ropes...let me know! Not looking for a sponsor; we just want to check it out.

Looking forward to learning a ton from this forum.

Cheers,
-jimmy bowman

oldguy
04-26-2012, 02:37 PM
Welcome Jimmy, You should have a good time here.

czarkos
04-26-2012, 03:05 PM
I am also from Ketchum. Next season will be my second year as an apprentice I would be happy to introduce you to some people.

Tom Smith
04-26-2012, 05:05 PM
When you guys get going you can call yourselves the "Ketchum game guys" lol.

Dirthawking
04-26-2012, 06:07 PM
When you guys get going you can call yourselves the "Ketchum game guys" lol.clapp

oldguy
04-26-2012, 08:12 PM
When I was a kid, we used to say the girls went to Sun Valley and the guys went to "Ketchum".

I like your's better Tom.

Tom Smith
04-26-2012, 11:24 PM
When I was a kid, we used to say the girls went to Sun Valley and the guys went to "Ketchum".

I like your's better Tom.

Actually when I was a kid, well an older teenager, we made trips to Ketchum for that express reason and well we did OK.

idbirdman
04-27-2012, 12:23 AM
Tom, when you were a teen, was Sun Valley and Ketchum ecen around yet? Just hanken the chain buddy.
Stephen

jrbowlder
04-27-2012, 08:40 AM
Thanks for the feedback!

Dan has already been a big help in all of this.

He mentioned you, Calder, as being in my area. Convenient.

The ole lady and I would be psyched to go see you hunt. The next time you go out, hit me up if you're willing to have us tag along and beat some brush........and/or grab a couple of beers.

"Ketchum Game Guys"? bahahah

How about "Wood River Aviary Disciples"...or WRAD.

Tom Smith
04-27-2012, 11:14 AM
Tom, when you were a teen, was Sun Valley and Ketchum ecen around yet? Just hanken the chain buddy.
Stephen

Yes, but it wasn't inundated by to many movie stars, just a lot of ritzy people from all over. We used to go up there to hang out in the bars and watch all the crazyness and do some our selves.