PDA

View Full Version : Red-tail chowing down...

Venomlust
05-01-2012, 02:25 AM
This is probably my favorite photo set that I've ever taken.

Luck smiled on me, and I imagine the bird was a bit too hungry to fly off. This picture set is a result.

Many of these pictures are very similar, but I love 'em all. I hope you do, too!

They were originally in RAW format and looked a bit prettier, but I'm still proud of 'em in jpeg.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/venomlust/sets/72157629938204601/

BestBeagler
05-01-2012, 07:28 AM
This is probably my favorite photo set that I've ever taken.

Luck smiled on me, and I imagine the bird was a bit too hungry to fly off. This picture set is a result.

Many of these pictures are very similar, but I love 'em all. I hope you do, too!

They were originally in RAW format and looked a bit prettier, but I'm still proud of 'em in jpeg.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/venomlust/sets/72157629938204601/

They are beautiful!

echotadog
05-01-2012, 09:49 AM
Real Nice Shots , It appears from the dry chalk on the post that he's used to that spot . Some of these would be perfect to do HDR images with as well. Very well done . What are you using a 300mm?

Venomlust
05-01-2012, 11:06 AM
Thank you very much for the kind words!

I shot this using a Nikon d60 and a nikor vr 55-300.

The d60 has since crapped out and been replaced by a d3100 :D.

Pardon my ignorance, what does HDR stand for? *edit* Researching it as we speak, but I'd still like your definition/explanation if you have the time.

echotadog
05-01-2012, 04:32 PM
Thank you very much for the kind words!

I shot this using a Nikon d60 and a nikor vr 55-300.

The d60 has since crapped out and been replaced by a d3100 :D.

Pardon my ignorance, what does HDR stand for? *edit* Researching it as we speak, but I'd still like your definition/explanation if you have the time.

Its Not ignorance to Not Know something...No Pardon needed . I get used to talking in Photographer Mode and forget most folks don't have a clue what Im talking about. I suppose its the same in any profession.. HDR images are altered Images in High Definition or Density Resolution . THere are a few really good programs out there you can pick up that guide you through the steps. The base Means is combining 3 images ( usually very fast shutter clicks ) with three Bracketed , or different exposures to make one perfectly exposed almost 3D looking effect to images .... I prefer the Nik Software HDR program But there are many others out there from Adobe on Down. Heres many examples of the technique ...

http://www.google.com/search?q=HDR+Images&hl=en&client=safari&rls=en&prmd=imvns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=OEWgT939Domhtwear9GXAg&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CCEQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=1021

Venomlust
05-01-2012, 06:13 PM
WOW. There are some beautiful samples out there of what HDR looks like.

I have yet to really mess around with any editing of photos, but I'm going to keep this stuff in mind. I'm quite an amateur, one of those people who just keeps the camera on automatic and clicks away.

I keep meaning to learn the nuances of photography, but, there are always things I mean to do but never get around to frus). Hopefully when I get a bird in the fall I can have a cooperative (yeah, we'll see) subject to test out some of this stuff.

sevristh
05-01-2012, 07:36 PM
Its Not ignorance to Not Know something...

Actually, that's exactly what it means, it's just usually used with a negative connotation. From Dictionary.com " lack of knowledge, learning, information, etc."

Nice pics!