PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to AZ

Saluqi
05-04-2012, 09:21 AM
I got word last night from Charlie Kaiser, president of the AZ falconers association, that the AZ falconry regs have been finalized and will be officially adopted on January 1, 2013. I'm proud to say that makes the NAFA Mountain directorate the first to have all of the states in compliance with the new regulations.

Thanks for all the hard work Charlie and Tim Riordan, and all of the AZ falconers who were instrumental in the process!

calebstroh
05-04-2012, 10:27 AM
Nice!

Saluqi
05-04-2012, 11:11 AM
I should add that the regs are awaiting USFWS approval.

Dirthawking
05-04-2012, 04:38 PM
Way to go! clapp

murraym
05-04-2012, 07:09 PM
I don't know if I could/should post them here but they are pretty good.

sharptail
05-04-2012, 10:42 PM
Congrat Arizona! I see that AFC member Mike Hughes was correct when he stated that the Club "had it covered" when he re-upped several months ago. Cheers Mike, you should make contact with long time NAFA Director and current AFC member, Ken Mesch, now practicing in your state.

Lowachi
05-05-2012, 04:15 AM
Congrat Arizona! I see that AFC member Mike Hughes was correct when he stated that the Club "had it covered" when he re-upped several months ago. Cheers Mike, you should make contact with long time NAFA Director and current AFC member, Ken Mesch, now practicing in your state.

Isthat where Kenny disappeared to;), wondered where he went. haven't seen him since Woodward.

sharptail
05-05-2012, 12:26 PM
Which Kenny? Sterner is still in Sheridan. I had lunch with him after he spoke to the Wyoming Game Comm. on the Sage Grouse issue last week, in Casper.

frootdog
05-05-2012, 12:38 PM
Which Kenny? Sterner is still in Sheridan. I had lunch with him after he spoke to the Wyoming Game Comm. on the Sage Grouse issue last week, in Casper.

I believe he meant Mesch since that is who you were talking about in the quote he used.:D

sharptail
05-05-2012, 04:58 PM
Oh, I couldn't say.

Chris L.
05-05-2012, 09:33 PM
That's great news!!! clapp

Dillon
05-06-2012, 06:04 PM
Wow-- am I reading correctly that a general or master class falconer can fly haggards when these regs are passed? I'd be lying if I said that I wouldn't be at least a bit tempted to try an blue peregrine, goshawk, or merlin for a short, intense season, releasing it by February so as to not interfere too much with breeding.

FredFogg
05-06-2012, 07:05 PM
Wow-- am I reading correctly that a general or master class falconer can fly haggards when these regs are passed? I'd be lying if I said that I wouldn't be at least a bit tempted to try an blue peregrine, goshawk, or merlin for a short, intense season, releasing it by February so as to not interfere too much with breeding.

Are AZ's new regs available to read online?

JD Parker
05-06-2012, 07:58 PM
Wow is right. Adults! The (old regs) phrase dealing with capture said "less than 1 year of age". It now reads "A raptor of any age, including nestlings, provided at least one nestling remains in the nest; or An adult raptor."

Another interesting change dealing with transfer: "...a licensed falconer may transfer a wild-caught raptor captured in Arizona without a permit tag to a licensed falconer in another state at any time." The (old) restriction that an AZ falconer had to keep a wild-caught Harris Hawk for one year before transferring it out of state has been lifted!

sharptail
05-06-2012, 09:30 PM
Wow is right. Adults! The (old regs) phrase dealing with capture said "less than 1 year of age". It now reads "A raptor of any age, including nestlings, provided at least one nestling remains in the nest; or An adult raptor."

Another interesting change dealing with transfer: "...a licensed falconer may transfer a wild-caught raptor captured in Arizona without a permit tag to a licensed falconer in another state at any time." The (old) restriction that an AZ falconer had to keep a wild-caught Harris Hawk for one year before transferring it out of state has been lifted!Too bad you guys can't take eyass Eagles there and transfer them out of state into breeding projects or into Eagle Falconers hands, or can you?

michaelberan
07-01-2012, 03:11 PM
This is great news!