PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Hemet, California!

ScratchLNR
05-07-2012, 05:28 PM
Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello! Hope to learn a lot from this site. Thank you

raptrlvr
05-07-2012, 05:30 PM
Lots of falconers in the southern Ca area. We used to fly the potato field on Ramona Expressway near Lake Perris.

ScratchLNR
05-08-2012, 06:28 PM
Hey Jim. You are not the first person I heard this from. Do you know if anyone still fly's there? I'm gonna go check it out this wknd. I would love to meet some fellow falconer's around my area.

raptrlvr
05-08-2012, 07:10 PM
Come September, you will probably see a few falconers flying that field. We used to train our young falcons out there because its so wide open with hardly any game. We used pigeons to train the falcons on. Once we got the falcons going, we would move on to areas that had game available for the falcons. There are several California falconers on this site and maybe you can hook up with them once the season gets going. If you have problems finding someone, let me know and I'll see if I can put you in touch with a couple.

ScratchLNR
05-08-2012, 07:13 PM
Thanks a million! I will be on the lookout. Still have some time to go before I can take my test. Hopefully by then I would have met some local friends. Thanks again.

sharptail
05-09-2012, 02:29 PM
Hello Scratch, and welcome aboard. Don't you want too tell us a little more about your self? In any case I hope this site serves you well.

Yeomanfalconer
05-15-2012, 12:58 PM
I think someone should designate the "Tom Hudson Memorial Hawking Field" in Hemet. No one is stepping up to put him on the wall of Rememberance, even though he lived in his van for awhile, where the World Center (Boise)now sits, before there was a single thing there(except pheasants and huns).

sharptail
05-15-2012, 01:10 PM
Wow. I knew Tom. I have not even thought about him until now for decades. When did he pass?

I have seen the Chuckar all over the place on that hill. Are the Huns still there?