PDA

View Full Version : Book updates

AK Rev
05-22-2012, 10:51 PM
Any news on the merlin books or Nelson's hood book? What about the Coulson's book or any others? Moulting time is reading time.

skooky20
05-22-2012, 10:57 PM
thinking the same thing

Ricko
05-23-2012, 08:50 AM
Also....the revised edition of North American falconry and hunting hawks???

frootdog
05-23-2012, 10:05 AM
Any news on the merlin books or Nelson's hood book? What about the Coulson's book or any others? Moulting time is reading time.

Does the answer really matter? :D It's always "soon", "this year", "spring of ....", "it's waiting on 2 contributing authors to finish chapters", etc etc but it never happens. In short, IF you get any answers I hope you won't hold your breath. toungeout

AK Rev
05-23-2012, 10:18 AM
No doubt Krys. I've gone to the authors and heard those very words. Several months ago, Jim's book was being indexed. Several of our members have pre-publication copies. Seems like the anthologies take longer and that would make sense. Just about every book I'm looking forward to is a compilation.

Tom Smith
05-23-2012, 12:13 PM
If you can't read a book, write one instead, it is more time consuming and more satisfying and think of all you will learn reading all the research material related to your topic.

AK Rev
05-23-2012, 12:23 PM
I've written/published on other subjects but I'm just a student of falconry. Thankfully...I'm a good reader/listener. :) Although I'm looked to in other areas of expertise (including other methods of hunting), falconry is humbling and there is a lot to learn.