PDA

View Full Version : And im new

RjohnD
05-23-2012, 11:30 AM
Hi folks !
i just wanted to take the moment and introduce my self. My name is John, and i have been fascinated with falconry ever since my age could be measured with single digits. Now to make it seem like i view my self as old , but im only 35 and i hopefully have plenty of time to count my self as young .

back when i was 18 i had the opportunity to go hunting with a falconer and it is still an experience i can recount minute by minute. and over the years I've researched the sport, read several books and collected some videos. Being an artist i find that the more i think about Birds of prey the more i can tap into that ever so elusive thing called inspiration.

I soon hope to be able to get everything in line to make this a part of my life. i find that now that im older i have a better chance of being patient, thoughtful and responsible with my time. which were qualities i knew i didnt have when i was younger, well that and my own home to keep the little fella at .

Well thank you for letting me be a part of this message board and i hope to learn more !

sharptail
05-23-2012, 01:13 PM
Welcome aboard R. John! Enjoy the ride.

Keith Denman
05-23-2012, 01:57 PM
Welcome to our lifestyle John. I hope you continue on and enjoy the ride.

tampamatt
05-24-2012, 09:32 PM
Hey John, welcome to the forum. If you have any questions about falconry in Florida, feel free to PM me.

RjohnD
05-25-2012, 09:08 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome !

Hey Matt i would love to pick your brain some time. as things are looking right now it might be another year or 3 before i can get in , so i plan on using that time to get book smart on the sport. right now its the whole "getting the wife accustomed to the idea" phase of making this happen . though last time i had this conversation with her she was like , so let me get this straight , you want to be an artist who plays paintball and flys birds of prey ... you know when we have kids the rest of the dads will hate you right "

sparrowhawk
05-26-2012, 10:14 PM
Hello and welcome. My first bird I was in the middle of manning and my wife had no idea of how to take care of it so it went with me on a 24hr pb game in GA.Now I only play about once a year. To hot in the summer and to bizzy hunting with my bird in fall to play. I used to play every weekend.I miss it but I get more enjoyment out of flying my bird.

broken feather
05-27-2012, 12:48 PM
John, I will starting a new bird in about two weeks ( GyrXBarbary/RNS) Your Welcome to come up any time(welc)

RjohnD
05-27-2012, 08:34 PM
Wow i would love to check that out please do let me know . id be glad to beat some bushes for you , Russell. i am also fairly decent with a camera, i might be able to capture some great memories for you.

as my plan is going right now , i want to meet as many people in my area ( ish ) as a can and would like to take the time to get to know someone who could eventually sponsor me . i may be over thinking it m but the way i see it is if i am asking someone to sponsor me i better be able to respect them and likewise . it is a commitment after all .. but if im over thinking it please do let me know .

broken feather
05-27-2012, 09:10 PM
John, I live in lakeland, I will email you in couple weeks

RjohnD
05-27-2012, 09:12 PM
Groovy !
ill be in mexico from the 9th to the 13th . otherwise im way open !

RjohnD
05-27-2012, 09:16 PM
LOL went to a rehab facility today and got these shots,
would love to get some shots in a more exciting environment

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a138/brom78/DSC_3031.jpghttp://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a138/brom78/DSC_3058.jpg