PDA

View Full Version : warm hello

unforgiven ii
06-03-2012, 06:07 AM
hi dear friends
first of all i want to say it is my pleasure to be your friend in this forum.
my name is reza and i am from IRAN. you can tell me LEO because i was born in august. i had saker falcon and shaheen (barbery). i prefer tiercel because his diving methode and his speed. but sakers are very different they are very loyal and special. anyway, i wish i could be a good friend for all members. i respect all people without any religious and political view.
best regards
reza
:)

BestBeagler
06-03-2012, 08:16 AM
Welcome! Always interesting to have falconers from overseas on here.

Lowachi
06-03-2012, 08:35 AM
welcome to the party Reza.

oldguy
06-03-2012, 10:04 AM
Welcome to the forum Reza.

Falconry is a common thread between cultures. Looking forward to reading your postings. Please try to keep a sense of humor. Some of us like to keep things light hearted at times. Forum has great moderators to watch for offensive material.

Dan,

California Native
06-03-2012, 10:48 AM
hi dear friends
my name is reza and i am from IRAN. you can tell me LEO because i was born in august. i had saker falcon and shaheen (barbery). i prefer tiercel because his diving methode and his speed. but sakers are very different they are very loyal and special. anyway, i wish i could be a good friend for all members. i respect all people without any religious and political view.
best regards
reza

Welcome Reza and would you please tell us about falconry in Iran. Is it well practiced there today ? If you post photos for your falcons can you also post photos of your equipment and the sources for what you use. Hoods, falcon blocks, leashes, ect.

Dan

Joby
06-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Welcome Reza!! What a wonderful introduction!! I know I will look forward to learning more from you. There was an Iranian falconer a number of years ago who wrote a number of articles for either the NAFA Journal or American Falconry magazine. Either way welcome!

GONEHAWKN
06-03-2012, 12:46 PM
Greetings Reza....i would love to travel to your part of the world some day and see falconry there....welcome to the site!!

sharptail
06-03-2012, 07:07 PM
Welcome Reza! A great introduction. Their is a lot of interest in Shaheens here in the US. Unfortunately they are in short supply and expensive here. Barbarys are much more available and about 1/3 the price.

I am also very interested in reading about falconry In Iran. How many falconers do you know of flying in your part of the world?

Pedioecetes
06-03-2012, 07:17 PM
Welcome Reza. Joby, the fellow from Iran that wrote the articles in NAFA immigrated to Alberta about ten years ago and is "falcnbery" (I may have that spelled wrong) here on NAFEX. His name is Ben.

Joby
06-03-2012, 09:31 PM
Welcome Reza. Joby, the fellow from Iran that wrote the articles in NAFA immigrated to Alberta about ten years ago and is "falcnbery" (I may have that spelled wrong) here on NAFEX. His name is Ben.

I did not know that! Thanks for the update!

NCFalconer
06-03-2012, 09:33 PM
Hello, Reza, and welcome to the forum. I am glad you found this group and I am sure you will enjoy it. We will look forward to learning more about falconry as it is practiced in Persia.

Betelgeuse
06-03-2012, 10:18 PM
Welcome Reza!

Looking forward to reading about hunting with your falcons. Thank you for joining this group.

All the best,

accipiter007
06-04-2012, 06:37 PM
Hello reza. How did you come across your saker, they happen to be one of my favorite longwings i have flow several and am verry impressed with their versitilaty what did you hunt with your saker i love to hear good thing about that particular species of falcon.

eminart
06-05-2012, 10:01 AM
hi dear friends
best regards
reza

Welcome aboard, Reza. We're all of the religion "Falconry" here so you should fit in very well.

RT Alison
06-05-2012, 10:07 AM
Welcome, Resa! Looking forward to reading your posts. Falconry is the universal language and the common culture of all nations.

jlag_falcon
06-21-2012, 02:50 PM
Dear Reza, I'm an amateur falconer from southwestern Spain. I'll travel to Tehran in a few months owing to job affairs.
Please I'd like to visit some stores in order to buy falconry-related handcrafts such as hoods, jesses, mangalahs, etc.
I read that falconry is not allowed in your country at now. If you could advise me I'd be grateful.

With regards,
Jose

PHILADELPHIA CITY HAWKER
06-21-2012, 03:26 PM
Hey Unforegiven II

Your screen name "Unforegiven II" , just a guess are you a Metallica fan?

unforgiven ii
06-21-2012, 04:52 PM
Welcome! Always interesting to have falconers from overseas on here.
thank you isaac

Joan Marie
06-21-2012, 06:00 PM
Welcome Reza!
Hello from the Southeastern part of the states! I look VERY forward to your posts! Please indulge me if you have time on your early manning techniques? I am very new to the sport! And yes please pictures of your equipment and hoods and of course your beloved birds (:

Have a good day and welcome to the boards!

BobbyB
08-07-2012, 10:09 AM
Hello Reza,

I would love to talk with you about your experiances flying Saker. I am working with my 1st Sakeret this season, and looking forward to watching him in action. Since I am new to this site, I am not sure how to Private Message, but once I figure it out, I'll shoot you out some questions
Take care
Bobby