PDA

View Full Version : Interested in Montana

Marrujo
07-13-2012, 04:34 AM
Hello, my name is Ryan.
I have been fascianted with birds of prey since I was young and would always want to learn more about them growing up.
I'm 22 years old now and I moved from Southern California to Missoula Montana.
I really want to go strong to the nature scene and finally try to take up my passion for animals and birds in general.
I know a lot of information on Falconry, but I always seem to struggle putting one foot in front of the other with this.
I would like to find a sponsor and learn more about how to be educated enough to care and maintain one of these beautiful creatures.
What would you recommend I do to meet people in my area?
If anyone is from Montana, let me know as well.

Thanks for the time.

Dirthawking
07-13-2012, 09:20 AM
Hi Ryan, welcome to NAFEX. A good starting point is the link in my signature. Good luck. Have you contacted your states fish and game department?

falcon56
07-13-2012, 10:13 AM
The Montana Falconers Asso. will be having a summer meeting in Manhattan, Mt. August 11th at the city park. Starts around noon. It would be a good place to meet people and find a proper sponsor. Send me a personal email through NAFEX and I'll give you more detailed information.

Ally
07-15-2012, 11:46 PM
Hey Ryan,
I'm in Missoula and can also put you in touch with some folks around here as well.
The MFA summer picnic is a great place to meet a lot of people in one area--lots of great people there who have been in the sport a long time and know their stuff.

Contact the MT FWP--I recommend talking to Dan Curtain here in Missoula, he's the warden sergeant for Region 2 and a great guy to deal with. Also, there's a link on the MT FWP website that will send you a Falconry Guidelines packet. I have absolutely no idea if it's current though.

Welcome to NAFEX! Great stuff to be learned here on the forum.