PDA

View Full Version : New from Sac, Cali

th0j72
07-13-2012, 07:24 PM
Hi all,

My name is Pete, I live in Sacramento, CA and I've been a falconer for the past 4.5 years. I currently fly my three year old RT (she's one bad ass rabbit bird). Anyhow, I just wanted to drop a post and say Hi to everyone on this forum and I look forward to be a part of the NAFEX community.

Dirthawking
07-13-2012, 07:32 PM
Welcome to NAFEX

tripwest
07-13-2012, 07:51 PM
welcome, a lot of options in Sac.

Ricky Ortiz
07-13-2012, 09:38 PM
Hello and welcome! There is alot of rabbits up there. Ever try for pheasant with your redtail? When I was at the last CHC meet heard and seen quite a few of them.

th0j72
07-16-2012, 11:38 AM
I tried her on pheasants a few times but where I hunt there's not much of them around. So far I've only flushed two pheasants.

Thank you guys for the welcome. Oh and as for rabbits, there's a ton where I take her out to and the best part is, it's only about a seven minute drive for me (that's because there's stop lights).

Goshawk635
07-16-2012, 01:34 PM
I tried her on pheasants a few times but where I hunt there's not much of them around. So far I've only flushed two pheasants.

Thank you guys for the welcome. Oh and as for rabbits, there's a ton where I take her out to and the best part is, it's only about a seven minute drive for me (that's because there's stop lights).

Welcome!

We used to make the 12 hour overnight pilgrimage to Sacremento and the Arco Arena many moons ago as a regular part of our hawking journeys. Game/Target rich environment in those days ... some of my fondest memories were hawking there with many great friends.

th0j72
07-16-2012, 03:21 PM
Welcome!

We used to make the 12 hour overnight pilgrimage to Sacremento and the Arco Arena many moons ago as a regular part of our hawking journeys. Game/Target rich environment in those days ... some of my fondest memories were hawking there with many great friends.

I hear it a lot from many of my buddies about them olden days about the Arco Arena area. Right now, there's been too much developments in the Arena area that most games are gone.