PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from SoCal

Thiscordia
07-31-2012, 12:38 AM
Hello everyone !!
My name is Raul I live in Monterey Park CA and ever since I saw a video of someone hunting with a hawk 6 years ago in youtube I knew that, THAT is what I wanted to do I have had different hobbies like keeping saltwater fishes, breeding tarantulas but nothing gets even close to the feelings that the lifestyle of falconry gives you.

I've been working in the sign business for 10 years and and thanks to an awesome group of people I've been a falconer for 1 season already and currently my MRT Uno is finishing his molt.

Even though I'm a new falconer I'll be more than happy to help anyone that shares this passion.

Raul

Redtail2630
07-31-2012, 12:54 AM
Hello Raul,
I live in Riverside and currently have a FPRT finishing her molt as well. I just moved from Texas about 2 months ago and trying to build by falconry circle around here. We should meet up sometime and go fly our birds when they're ready.

Thiscordia
07-31-2012, 01:07 AM
Sounds good Chris, there's a meeting of the CHC in October a lot of falconers from the SoCal area will be there.

Venomlust
08-02-2012, 08:35 AM
Hey Raul!

I remember your name, you sent an email long ago inquiring about sponsorship.

I'm glad you managed to find one and that your falconry experience has been going well.

I'm trapping my first bird this fall. If I don't see you in October, hopefully I'll meet you in January at the CHC big field meet.

Also, there's a new pre-apprentice on these forums from Riverside. Hopefully he still visits here and sees this thread. I bet he'd love to go out with you guys and beat the brush some time, though I can't speak for him.

Anyway, best of luck and welcome to the forum! Some great folks around here.

Thiscordia
08-02-2012, 08:55 AM
Hi Alex...I know I bombarded with emails everyone involved in falconry around the SoCal area last year lol and it worked !! I'll try to contact the guy from Riverside to see if he is still interested, Good luck trapping it's an unforgettable experience well the first one of many more !!

Rzst
08-03-2012, 12:12 AM
hey Raul,
names Terry I'm from Murrieta, ca [bout 30 min south of riverside]. I'm super excited to see all the interest in so. cal I'm still pre-apprentice but take my test on Aug 8th and have already met with chris m. from riverside and hes agreed to take me hunting I've already met chaos his frt and she is a beautiful bird and apparently a savage squirrel hunter so hopefully we can all meet up and do some hunting.

Thiscordia
08-03-2012, 12:25 AM
Hello Terry ! Sounds good and best of luck in your test. How's the building of the news going ? Are you planning on trapping this year ?

Rzst
08-04-2012, 06:39 AM
raul as per my mews i have not started them yet other than the planning stages although i must say i know how to swing a hammer pretty well and yeah with any luck at all i will be trapping a bird this season frt would be preferred for now just trying to get the test over

Venomlust
08-05-2012, 12:45 PM
Really digging the communication between folks in Riverside. When I get my bird, hopefully I'll be welcome to join you from time to time :).

goshawk5890
08-05-2012, 02:18 PM
I think I emailed you last year. I go to csula which is pretty much in Monterey park.

Redtail2630
08-05-2012, 02:26 PM
Really digging the communication between folks in Riverside. When I get my bird, hopefully I'll be welcome to join you from time to time :).

Alex, of course you'll be welcomed to join us. I like to share my experiences with people that know the sport. It sucks coming home from a good hunt and you tell family about it, and all you get is "Oh, that's great." So yeah, come on out whenever!

Venomlust
08-05-2012, 06:32 PM
Just one more reason to look forward to getting my stuff together :). Sounds great! I know what you mean about your family. Mine already thought (knew) I was crazy, but this isn't really something they ask/care to know too much about.

Thiscordia
04-06-2013, 09:17 PM
It's a small world after all !! It was nice meeting you guys today Alex. And next season we will hit some fields for sure !!