PDA

View Full Version : New person

Lightwings
08-08-2012, 05:20 PM
hi, im hannah landrum, and im not actually a falconer yet, but im trying to be able to become one soon... hopefully when i do it can become my career one day.
hannah landrum

th0j72
08-08-2012, 05:21 PM
Welcome to Nafex.

Lightwings
08-08-2012, 05:23 PM
thanks ^^
hannah landrum

Dirthawking
08-08-2012, 05:31 PM
Welcome to NAFEX!

Have you joined your state club or found any falconers local to you yet?

Lightwings
08-08-2012, 05:54 PM
my agriculture teacher actually found one that comes to this site, and hes the one that recomended this site... ive never met him, but my teacher says he might come to a FFA meeting, so cross ur fingers. im really excited bout it, i think my teacher said his name was dennis miller..?
Hannah Landrum

varanus
08-08-2012, 06:02 PM
Have you ever hunted before? Oh and (welc)

grimmy440
08-08-2012, 06:41 PM
Welcome aboard, from a fellow pre apprentice/FFA member. (welc)

den63hawk
08-08-2012, 08:18 PM
Hi Hannah, - I'm Dennis Miller and it is good to see that you found Nafex. Super place to browse and get some initial ideas as to what Falconry is all about. Take some time and browse around. The Apprentice setion is especially good for pre apprentice and apprentice. Also, try looking into the state falconry clubs - "Georgia Game Hawkers" and Georgia Falconry Assoc." They are both good clubs and the web pages are full of good information. On the Georgia Flaconry Assoc. web page they spell out all the details of what you will need to get a Permit. They also have a link that will help you in getting a Start up Package from Ga. DNR. Word of upfront advice - Falconry is not a weekend - ocassional sport. The birds require daily care and hunting during the hunting season. I started when I was 14 and was fortunate enough to have near unlimited hunting land and sufficient time to do my birds justice. I planned my college classes as much as possible to compliment by hawking. Also, some expense are involved - Mews, Weathering area, scales, leather, etc... Thus you will need some funds for this. I would say $2000-$3000 minimum. I would be glad to have you hunt with me once I get my bird out of the Moult. Should be mid September. PM your phone number and I will call you in a few days and introduce myself. Getting a sponsor will most likely require you spending some time actually involved in one or both of the clubs as well as some time convincing a general or master falconer that you are 100% commited. rtsqrl

Lightwings
08-08-2012, 09:18 PM
no i havnt hunted yet, im have to take a hunters edd class first, and my ag teacher is aranging it to be at the school, so i will be able to actually attend. nice to meet u dennis, and ill go check out the information, and the clubs. i know it is not a weekend sport, and i am willing to spend all the time the birds would require. i know it will be costly, which is why im trying to save up money alittle at the time while i dont have a job. thanks for all the tips, dennis... or should i call u mr miller? whichever u prefer.
hannah landrum

calebstroh
08-08-2012, 11:40 PM
Best of luck to you Hannah in your new quest!

Betelgeuse
08-09-2012, 12:20 AM
Good luck and welcome!

Lightwings
08-09-2012, 06:57 AM
thanks calub and betel
hannah landrum