PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Journal

sakerjack
01-05-2008, 11:23 AM
Just watched the DVD with Joe Atkinson,, oustanding,, the filming is first rate and some of the footage is fantastic,,
I hawked Whitetailed jacks for 5 years with two bald eagles,, this DVD makes me want to try another..

Chris L.
01-05-2008, 12:12 PM
Just watched the DVD with Joe Atkinson,, oustanding,, the filming is first rate and some of the footage is fantastic,,
I hawked Whitetailed jacks for 5 years with two bald eagles,, this DVD makes me want to try another..

Ken,
DO you have a link to the video? i would like to see it as well

sakerjack
01-05-2008, 12:27 PM
Chris I purchased mine from Western Sporting,, well worth the price

outhawkn
01-05-2008, 12:52 PM
jack,

Chris,
In case you didnt realize it your talking to Ken, not Jack

Takasho
01-05-2008, 12:55 PM
I'd like to see video of you hawking with the baldies! Pics at least? How did they do? I've never heard of anyone hawking with bald eagles!

sakerjack
01-05-2008, 01:04 PM
I'd like to see video of you hawking with the baldies! Pics at least? How did they do? I've never heard of anyone hawking with bald eagles!

I flew a very large female and an 8lb male mainly at jacks but the female took a Canada Goose, the male really loved chasing water fowl and deer.. He would see a group of deer, fly at them single one out and just chase it, he grabbed the face a few times in the beginning but then just harrassed them, one flight and I have witnesses went well over two miles with the eagle putting the deer into a culvert under a small bridge..
I have hundreds of pictures of the two eagles and if given a chance again I would get another male..No vids though..
They are very strong on the wing and the two I flew were not aggressive until I free lofted the female..

Chris L.
01-06-2008, 08:26 PM
Chris,
In case you didnt realize it your talking to Ken, not Jack

LOl, yeah I know.. its the whole Jack in his name and my ADD that gets in the way.. crazyy

sorry Ken

Bodarc
01-06-2008, 10:55 PM
Ken

What do you think caused her to become aggressive when you free lofted her? Did you ever get her out of it? How about a little more info about them.....this is an interesting topic.

Jimmy
01-07-2008, 05:39 PM
Ken,

I gave you a copy of it, with all the other copies I gave you......
I guess you never got any of them to work?