PDA

View Full Version : Hello from southern Arizona

longwinger1981
09-18-2012, 02:28 AM
Hello from Rio Rico, Arizona. My name is Scott and I've been licensed and flying birds for nine years. I've flown Redtails, Peregrines, and various Gyr Hybrids. I am a new resident of Arizona (originally from Illinois,) and was looking to find other Falconers to fly with. This year I'm going to try to trap and fly a passage Prairie. If your a licensed Falconer from southern AZ and would like to trap or fly birds, send me a message.

Thanks,

Scott

California Native
09-18-2012, 09:32 AM
Hello from Rio Rico, Arizona. My name is Scott and I've been licensed and flying birds for nine years. I've flown Redtails, Peregrines, and various Gyr Hybrids. I am a new resident of Arizona (originally from Illinois,) and was looking to find other Falconers to fly with. This year I'm going to try to trap and fly a passage Prairie. If your a licensed Falconer from southern AZ and would like to trap or fly birds, send me a message.

Thanks,

Scott

Scott,
How did you end up in that small town ? I once considered a move to the Tucson area. That was in the early 1960's. Then Tubac was a small undiscovered community that I liked. The open flying country along the Santa Cruz River bottom seemed a good place to fly. I don't remember Rio Rico ? But went to Nogales, Arizona and Nogales, Mexico a number of times. Sonoita and Patagonia were also considerations with the vast open flying country laying to the east. Lots of quail and dove there then.

Welcome to NAFEX

longwinger1981
09-18-2012, 07:33 PM
My work took me to Rio Rico. It's definately not my first choice of places I would like to live in, but this is where I'm at now for a while... There does seem to be lots of game here. I've seen both Black-tailed/ Antelope Jacks, Doves, Gamble Quail, and plenty of Cattle tanks with just the right amount of water that should hold ducks. Thanks for the warm welcome to NAFEX. What are you flying this year?

RyanAnt
09-18-2012, 09:28 PM
Wow, you are way south. I am in the Phoenix area but I am sure I'll see you at the falconry meet Scott. Meanwhile, we have a rule of signing each and every post here, and most of us use the "signature" feature of this forum to do that so it can automatically sign every post :) But welcome to Arizona and to the forum. There should be a lot of game around that area. It's a really diverse habitat down there. We even get some tropical birds (like Elegant Trogons) around that area.

longwinger1981
09-19-2012, 01:56 AM
I added my name to the signature feature so all my threads should now display it. Sorry about that. When is the Falconry meet here? Is that with the AZ Falconry Club? Thanks for all the info.

calebstroh
09-20-2012, 07:19 PM
Gorgeous country down that way.