PDA

View Full Version : New Forum- Micro longwings

Chris L.
10-01-2012, 11:43 AM
I have gone back and forth with this idea about a micro forum. I decided to go ahead with one as I thought the longwing board was getting too cluttered . I went with a stand alone forum instead of a sub forum to keep NAFEX clean.

I will be moving threads to the micro board. I have moved some already but there are many out there that I have to move and index.

I hope you all enjoy the new micro longwing forum

http://www.nafex.net/forumdisplay.php?f=71

GONEHAWKN
10-01-2012, 11:59 AM
I think it's a great idea Chris....I have been dragging my feet about updating my Merlin thread. But, I did trap a 198g female on Friday. Thanks for adding this!

PeteJ
10-01-2012, 01:07 PM
So what will be the cut off on micro vs magno? And just for longwings? That's discrimination!LOL

kimmerar
10-01-2012, 01:11 PM
Great idea but.... I think sharp shin and male coops need to be in the micro section :).

Chris L.
10-01-2012, 03:09 PM
I think it's a great idea Chris....I have been dragging my feet about updating my Merlin thread. But, I did trap a 198g female on Friday. Thanks for adding this!

HI Bill,

I am looking forward to your updates. Thank you for the kind words

So what will be the cut off on micro vs magno? And just for longwings? That's discrimination!LOL

Great idea but.... I think sharp shin and male coops need to be in the micro section :).

Pete and Kim, I guess I could just call it Micro and ball it all into one? This way it includes all species of birds? Thoughts on that?

I will leave it up to the author where they want to put their bird. Some may have weight envy and not want to post in the micro section ;)...

kimmerar
10-01-2012, 03:17 PM
HI Bill,

Pete and Kim, I guess I could just call it Micro and ball it all into one? This way it includes all species of birds? Thoughts on that?

Yes Micro section to include all smaller birds :). Great idea Chris.

PeteJ
10-01-2012, 03:42 PM
HI Bill,

I am looking forward to your updates. Thank you for the kind words

I will leave it up to the author where they want to put their bird. Some may have weight envy and not want to post in the micro section ;)...
Well, there are semi-tractor rigs and there are Ferraris...choose your poison!
Maybe we should be thinking about what they are hunting rather than what they are hunting with, as it does make a difference. So if you're doing sparrows up to dove, quail, snipe, maybe huns and teal-sized ducks, some people would consider those small prey. Whereas if your hunting pheasant, grouse, jacks, dogs, deer, Volkswagens, and micro hawks and falcons, then probably you're technically in the magnum forum rather than the micro.

wesleyc6
10-01-2012, 08:32 PM
Personally I think it would be much better if I actually had a micro birdrantt

mkestrel76
10-02-2012, 01:35 PM
Well, there are semi-tractor rigs and there are Ferraris...choose your poison!
Maybe we should be thinking about what they are hunting rather than what they are hunting with, as it does make a difference. So if you're doing sparrows up to dove, quail, snipe, maybe huns and teal-sized ducks, some people would consider those small prey. Whereas if your hunting pheasant, grouse, jacks, dogs, deer, Volkswagens, and micro hawks and falcons, then probably you're technically in the magnum forum rather than the micro.

I see where you are coming from Pete however if we rate by the size of the prey they hunt then would it better belong in the Quarry section? Also my mhh takes sparrows and starlings and I would not consider it a micro nor an aplomado that takes a pheasant would be considered a macro.

I say any longwing smaller than 400g?

Chris L.
10-02-2012, 03:25 PM
Ok I will change it Micro.. it will cover them all. Post where ever you think you bird fits. No rules, my life is to complicated as it is ;)

Wes, I can make that happen for you :D