PDA

View Full Version : Live Music at the 2012 NAFA Meet

Saluqi
10-08-2012, 06:37 PM
NAFA has booked a band to play from 7-10 on Thanksgiving night at the meet hotel. The band, J.C. & The Water Walkers, are out of Denver and play a lot of classic rock from the 60's, and beyond. They should provide a great venue for you all to show off your dance moves, and socialize with all of the folks from around the globe!

FredFogg
10-08-2012, 07:01 PM
They should provide a great venue for you all to show off your dance moves!

I fear the worst! LOL

Should be a great time!

Reminds me of the first NAFA meet I went to so I have to tell this story. My buddy Dan and I went down to the river bed in Garden City, KS to go hunting, we get out of the vehicle and hear some folks already down there and ask if we can beat brush for them. Don't remember the guys last name but he was from Ohio and his first name was Bruce. Gaz and the boys from England were with him helping beat brush. Well, all our birds managed to snag a rabbit and the entire time we were out there beating the brush, I couldn't understand a single word Gas was saying due to my inability to understand that thick accent. LOL Well, Gaz invites us for a pint that evening back at the hotel. We meet up and trade hawking stories and then the music starts and Gaz starts singing AC/DC, clear as ice cold Colorado water! I couldn't believe it. I could hardly understand a word when he spoke but could understand every single word he was singing. I told him from then on out he would have to sing for me rather than speak. LOL

So I will be the first to put it out there, Gaz has to get up there and sing a song with the band! peacee

Roper
10-09-2012, 03:37 PM
I watched a show on tv that stated then when you sing you loose all of your accents

Lowachi
10-09-2012, 04:44 PM
I watched a show on tv that stated then when you sing you loose all of your accents

when Gaz sings/dances, he has a tendancy to loose clothes,,,be warned!!!:eek:

COMEAUX
10-09-2012, 04:57 PM
Classic Rockhaillclappclappclappclapppeacee firsts thumbsupp beeer All I lesson to! :D

JRedig
10-09-2012, 05:24 PM

Welcome back ya old fart!

Lowachi
10-09-2012, 05:40 PM
Welcome back ya old fart!

ah, he's just working too much.... needs a vaca & a cocktail to unwind a lil....or alot :D

JRedig
10-09-2012, 05:52 PM
ah, he's just working too much.... needs a vaca & a cocktail to unwind a lil....or alot :D

Now that'll be the day...LOL

Tasha55403
10-10-2012, 03:59 AM
Lol, singing uses a different part of the brain than talking. I know it's not unusual for someone who stutters to be able to sing just fine, anyways. And if you think about it-when you sing along with something, you're not so much saying the words, you're repeating the SOUND you hear. Yeah, I know-I'm a geek, lol :D

ukroper
10-10-2012, 01:44 PM
I couldn't understand a single word Gas was saying due to my inability to understand that thick accent

ACCENTconfusedd,what accent??confusedd

So I will be the first to put it out there, Gaz has to get up there and sing a song with the band! peacee

Contractable obligations wouldnt allow that,wouldnt be worth the risk,..especially now that ya put it in print that i would appear!!!!!!

Hey Fred,that guy from Ohio is Bruce Mc.Ginnis...top guy

colelkhunter
10-10-2012, 02:13 PM
Lol, singing uses a different part of the brain than talking. I know it's not unusual for someone who stutters to be able to sing just fine, anyways. And if you think about it-when you sing along with something, you're not so much saying the words, you're repeating the SOUND you hear. Yeah, I know-I'm a geek, lol :D

Wow.....yes, yes you are. Although Mel Tillis is the person I think about when someone mentions stuff like this. he stuttered almost every other word, but sang beautifully.

FredFogg
10-10-2012, 03:34 PM
Hey Fred,that guy from Ohio is Bruce Mc.Ginnis...top guy

That's him, I can't remember names worth a crap. That was a really great day, sure looking forward to more like that at future meets.

Oh yeah, I added the entertainment to the Meet page on the NAFA website with a link to the bands webpage if anyone wants to go hear a little preview of their music. They ROCK!

colelkhunter
10-10-2012, 05:15 PM
as long as no one puts on Karaoke anywhere close.

COMEAUX
10-10-2012, 05:45 PM
That's him, I can't remember names worth a crap. That was a really great day, sure looking forward to more like that at future meets.

Oh yeah, I added the entertainment to the Meet page on the NAFA website with a link to the bands webpage if anyone wants to go hear a little preview of their music. They ROCK!

Yes they do ROCK! Nice set list peacee 2 Humble Pie songs, Humble Pie freak'n rocked live,saw them a few times back in the 70's haill beeer

Tasha55403
10-11-2012, 01:06 AM
Wow.....yes, yes you are. Although Mel Tillis is the person I think about when someone mentions stuff like this. he stuttered almost every other word, but sang beautifully.

ROFLMAO That's ok...I've had a long time to learn to live with this disease-I'm used to it by nowtoungeout:D

Roper
10-11-2012, 02:12 PM
thanks Jeff I guess I lost my cain along the way and got lost for a while

Lowachi
10-11-2012, 02:17 PM
thanks Jeff I guess I lost my cain along the way and got lost for a while

I have a spare cane, if ya need.;)

ukroper
10-11-2012, 03:43 PM
Are you 'Able' to spare it Rich??..:Dpeacee

ukroper
10-11-2012, 03:45 PM
when Gaz sings/dances, he has a tendancy to loose clothes,,,be warned!!!:eek:

If yall got it...flaunt it!!!..thumbsuppjawwjaww;)

Lowachi
10-12-2012, 01:34 AM
If yall got it...flaunt it!!!..thumbsuppjawwjaww;)
Long as yer buying mate, ta yer health!! & if ya run out, use my flask!!!amennn